Warning when multiple users edit same page

AndZyk

Hello,

this maybe a simple question, but it bothers me for a while now:

There used to be a warning, if two or more user try to edit the same page. But ever since AdminThemeUIkit I haven't seen it any more.

Is this a bug or are there special circumstances under which the warning will be displayed?

If I am logged-in in the same browser with one default and one privat window, I don't see this warning. But also different browsers on different machines in the same network don't see this warning.

I was looking for the blog post on which this feature was announced, but couldn't find it anymore.

We had the case, that two people were writing a text for the same page, but after person A saved the page first, the text of the person B was lost. I know we could have used ProDrafts for this case, but it shouldn't happen in the first place.

I would appreciate some feedback. ?

Regards, Andreas

This functionality is a part of the core "System Notifications" module. From this what I can see, notifications status is disabled by default in the module settings, so you won't see any warnings.

After changing status to show notifications, I see warning while trying to edit the same page from two different browsers ?

• Like 3

Thank you for your answers @BitPoet and @7Studio.

I was using the core module System Notifications for a long time and didn't knew, that this feature came from this module. I stopped using it, because it didn't look nice with AdminThemeUIkit (the badge) and AdminThemeUIkit offers grouped notifications.

I  have tried the Page Edit Soft Lock module and this one looks good. ?

• Like 2