Need help (LINUX): How to run VSCode on a remote ubuntu cloud server?

bernhard

2 minutes ago, wbmnfktr said:

I try to create a script that allows me to "rebuild" the Laragon features I liked. Starting the script, entering a name and all I need gets set up. Dev folder, vHost, database, and my pre-built PW profile.

Have you tried devilbox?

The other two quotes are getting too much offtopic, even though I'm enjoying the discussion ? 

1 minute ago, bernhard said:

Have you tried devilbox?

Yes and I will never ever recommend it to anyone in the near future. It's too bloated and too much of an overhead for most things and the things I want to accomplish. The idea is nice but but no. I use a local LAMP setup which is way easier to maintain, to extend and to use. Maybe its because I focus on frontend and less on backend or plain programming so maybe you should still try to play with it.

1 minute ago, bernhard said:

The other two quotes are getting too much offtopic, even though I'm enjoying the discussion

Well... you know how to contact me for further discussions. ? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bernhard said:

Have you tried devilbox?

I have and it's the closest thing to MAMP available on Linux when I looked around last year.
For myself, I'm not too bothered about the "bloat" and I'd rather maximise time spent solving real issues.

So I was happy to use it when I had to do some Processwire work. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FrancisChung said:

I have and it's the closest thing to MAMP available on Linux when I looked around last year.
For myself, I'm not too bothered about the "bloat" and I'd rather maximise time spent solving real issues.

Yeah, I also had a good experience with it on the short tests I did so far. For me it would just be too much hassle to change php/db versions, create ssl certs, create vhosts or have a mailcatcher without such a tool...

• Like 1