Disabling a module via the database

Hi all,

I have need to disable a module but the module itself is causing a fatal error on every page so I can't actually get into the backend to do it as normal.

The fatal error is also occuring before I can even run $modules->uninstall("ModuleClassName"); to disable it via the code.

Any ides what database tables I would need to edit in order to safely disable only the module in question?

Also while im on the subject, what is the signifcance of the flag column within the modules table of the database, struggling to find any documentation about the DB structure generally.

https://github.com/processwire/processwire/blob/649d2569abc10bac43e98ca98db474dd3d6603ca/wire/core/Modules.php#L55-L85

The flags are binary flags with their values being defined in the core files. To uninstall remove the flag for 1 or 2.

16 minutes ago, cosmicsafari said:

struggling to find any documentation about the DB structure generally.

There's not really something to be documented, as the database is not meant to be directly interfaced anyways. Documentation means people rely on the information and therefore changes can no longer be easily made. 

• Like 1