[SOLVED] File Compiler Tags not working

dragan

For the first time ever I stumbled over this post: https://processwire.com/blog/posts/processwire-3.0-alpha-2-and-2.6.22-rc1/#new-module-file-compiler-tags

I installed the module, and tried various stuff like described in the example codes, but nothing worked. I always just see {title} or {page.title} in the rendered HTML in the browser.

Does anyone use FC Tags at all? Is there anything else I need to do to make it work (e.g. write something in site/config.php) ?

Yeah, it's weird. I tried several things: Use {page.title} in basic-page.php, in _main.php. Set basic-page template file compile setting explicitly to "Yes (template file and files included from it)" - nothing.

I briefly looked at @ryan's code, and was a bit surprised that the module isn't set to autoload. And apparently it's not defined to run on some hook. But since it extends the FC module, maybe that's taken care of elsewhere...

hmm, now all of a sudden it works (after deleting everything in site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/).

<h1>{page.title}</h1>
<p>{body}</p>
<p>{id}</p>
<p>{parent.title}</p>

^ all of these output exactly what you would expect now.

• Like 1

Can anyone of the forum admins please update the thread-title and include [SOLVED] ? I don't know how I can edit the title myself...

d'oh - just edit the first post... and it gives you the possibility to modify the thread title as well.

Edited by dragan
forum edit confusion

• 3 months later...