SEO for Pages

Nayan

Dear All,

Please find file attached.

I am currently using ProcessWire 3.0.98. Under the 'SEO' tab, what are the 'Robots', 'Custom' and 'Canonical Link' sections used for and how do I optimise them to improve my SEO?

Any kind of help will be much appreciated. 

Kind regards,

Nayan

SEO.JPG

1. I would assume that the Robots field is where you could insert "noIndex or noFollow". This tells web crawlers to basically ignore the page from crawling.

3. The canonical link tag ie : <link rel="canonical" href="path_to_page" /> tells search engines where the original version of the content is located. This comes in handy when you are utilizing AMP, so google can differentiate the desktop version (canonical) and the accelerated mobile page.

As for number 2, it looks like you can input schema tags . However, do you know if these fields were created from scratch, or are these generated by a certain module like SEOmaestro?

In addition to @louisstephens response: I think number 2 is more likely to be an input place for other meta tags (see overview). There you can also find info about what "robots" tag is used for and also info about "canonical".

As for your other question on how to "improve your SEO": you may find more info when looking up the meta tags. Not all of them are used by search engines for the ranking (if this is your primary concern).

• Like 1

Well, @androbey it seems pretty descriptive to me to be honest, where N:1 is the spot to insert the meta tags for robot indexing, where you have the chance to add:  noindex, nofollow, disallow etc. 

The second option is to add any extra meta tags that your markup or optimization plan would need. It could be anything that by default is not added. If the fields are created by some module (I am sure you would find quite a few really good SEO modules in the modules directory that would help you avoid some manual work ? ) I would try not adding anything to the field and see what comes up in the page source by default. If something is missing, then you know now where it could be added.. In regards to the canonical link, this might help you better understand its purpose.

• 1 year later...

Thank you for creating this thread, OP. Now I have one question less. But I still have some. One of the unexplained questions for me is off page SEO. I have a site and one of my friends analyzed it with some fancy SEO tools. He told me that I should buy links and even told me that this https://crowdo.net company can make a lot of quality links for me. Now I think - do I really need this? It's not like the prices are bad or I don't trust my friend, but - money is money. I don't want to spend it.