Family centre Furtwangen

AndZyk

familienzentrum-furtwangen.thumb.png.cc319dca156a487c5d8c9e9fcfaccd31.png

The family centre in Furtwangen, Germany, is an association of three Catholic day-care centres. Among them are the kindergartens Maria Goretti and St. Martin as well as the children's house St. Elisabeth.

The navigation of the website captivates by a clear structure, which is thought from the point of view of the site visitors. The structure and the color-separated areas make it easy for visitors to enter the site. The color palette used for this is derived from the logo and gives the site a playful and friendly appearance. In the background, large-format pictures give a first impression and create an authentic atmosphere. For announcements there is a news ticker on which events, news or job offers can be advertised.

www.familienzentrum-furtwangen.de

Features:

• Navigation
  • News ticker

Navigation

familienzentrum-furtwangen-navigation.png.ce36c45d4af886ebd077827d3c63fdb4.png

The navigation is separated in areas for visitors or parents and has an automatically generated color palette with ten different colors from the logo. Links can be references to existing pages to resuse informations without having duplicate content.

News ticker

familienzentrum-furtwangen-news-ticker.png.6c76bf6556bf22f229919b091222dab6.png

The news ticker can contain downloads, links or text and is a fixed part of the navigation.

Modules used:

Regards, Andreas

• Like 4

I like the concept and the cascade-type of navigation even though it totally confuses sometimes while clicking through the site. But that's probably just me. ?

What I'd like to see - which would really help me to find my way through the site - a sitemap and a breadcrumb navigation.

18 minutes ago, wbmnfktr said:

I like the concept and the cascade-type of navigation even though it totally confuses sometimes while clicking through the site. But that's probably just me. ?

Glad you like the navigation and yes you have to get used to it. ?

18 minutes ago, wbmnfktr said:

What I'd like to see - which would really help me to find my way through the site - a sitemap and a breadcrumb navigation.

Although there is no classic breadcrumb navigation, you can see the headline of a area above the navigation, content and the back link of the third level. But a sitemap would be helpful, I will keep that in mind.

17 minutes ago, LostKobrakai said:

really like the side by side layout for content and nav. I imagine it being a great solution to cut unnecessary cost in catering to smaller screens and larger screens with different layouts.

Yes it has it advantages on tablets, but the navigation was a little bit tricky to develop.

6 minutes ago, wbmnfktr said:

Just found this headline... ?

What Browser and OS are you using? The headlines use CSS hyphens, which is not yet supported everywhere.

1 minute ago, AndZyk said:

What Browser and OS are you using? The headlines use CSS hyphens, which is not yet supported everywhere.

Windows 10 with Brave (Version 0.62.51 Chromium: 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit)) and Chrome (Version 73.0.3683.103 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit)).

It works in Firefox (66.0.3 (64-Bit)) and EDGE (latest).

• Like 1

Thank you for the information. It seems that Chrome on Windows doesn't support CSS hyphens yet. Would have expected more of Chrome. ?

I have reduced the font size for now, so the long headlines should fit better even without hyphens.

If you find anymore bugs, please contact me via PM first. ?