Theme Regular - Disable Comments

Ralf

Dear processwire professionals,

i have a question about the PW standard template "Regular". This template is great and I use it to create a new page with UIKit. 

But at the moment I still fail something due to a task... Is it possible to design the comment function for the blog part OPTIONAL? Which part of the code do I have to change if I don't want to allow a comment function for this homepage?
I tried to comment out different lines in the file _uikit.php, but without success. The result were always PHP error messages... ?

So now my question to the auditorium, if somebody could help me?

If this question is already answered in the forum and I did not find it by my search, I apologize and would be happy about a link. 

Many thanks and many greetings
Ralf

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ralf,

I haven't used comments yet on my sites, but maybe you could add a new "Disable Comments" checkbox field on the "Blog post" template?  Then in site/templates/blog-post.php add a conditional check with PHP that says something like:  If "Disable Comments" is false then show the comment box and comments.

Then just check the box that say's "Disable Comments" when editing the individual blog post pages and the comments/comments form won't be shown when the page is viewed.

Hope that helps

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Dear @gmclelland,

many thanks for the tips, especially the one with the checkbox I found very interesting.

My customer doesn't want a comment function now, so I commented the whole thing out.
The trick was in the "blog-post.php" file and then a chache problem with my browser why it didn't work at the beginning...

Many thanks again for the tips
cu Ralf