Mystique (Fieldtype, Inputfield) build dynamic fields and store data by using config file

ukyo

16 hours ago, bernhard said:

Hi @ukyo,

I've just tried your module for the first time, but unfortunately it does not find any resources! This is the tracy dump:

PWaFGFU.png

Somehow the resources array is empty:

lrcMVym.png

I have the following files in my setup:

C:\laragon\www\kaum\site\modules\Mystique\configs\Mystique.example-dive.php
C:\laragon\www\kaum\site\templates\configs\Mystique.mystique.php

No matter what I try - the resources select is empty:

sxXg2TJ.png

I've even tried to do a $config->paths->normalizeSeparators() on the path without success (thought it might be a windows issue).

Thx for your help!

Hi @bernhard

Can you try @next branch https://github.com/trk/Mystique/tree/next, this will be next version.

• Thanks 1

Thx @ukyo,

it is, as I thought, a windows problem. I've tried the "next" branch - no change. It works on my linux server. Would be great to get a fix for this.

As you can see in my screenshot the strange thing is that the FilenameArray is populated on line ~118 but it is empty on line ~174 (where the select field on the input tab of the pw field should get populated).

On 1/24/2020 at 3:01 PM, bernhard said:

Thx @ukyo,

it is, as I thought, a windows problem. I've tried the "next" branch - no change. It works on my linux server. Would be great to get a fix for this.

As you can see in my screenshot the strange thing is that the FilenameArray is populated on line ~118 but it is empty on line ~174 (where the select field on the input tab of the pw field should get populated).

@bernhard i don't have a Windows PC and can't test it, Can you try to change ready function for next branch :

public function ready()
    {
        $path = $this->wire("config")->paths->siteModules . "**/configs/Mystique.*.php";
        $path .= "," . $this->wire("config")->paths->templates . "configs/Mystique.*.php";

foreach (glob("{" . $path . "}", GLOB_BRACE) as $file) {

$dirname = dirname(dirname($file));
            $base = strtolower(str_replace([dirname(dirname(dirname($file))), "/"], "", $dirname));
            $name = str_replace([dirname($file), "/", "Mystique.", ".php"], "", $file);

$this->resources[$base][$name] = $file;
        }
    }

with

public function ready()
    {
        $path = $this->wire("config")->paths->siteModules . "**" . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . "configs" . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . "Mystique.*.php";
        $path .= "," . $this->wire("config")->paths->templates . "configs" . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . "Mystique.*.php";

foreach (glob("{" . $path . "}", GLOB_BRACE) as $file) {

$dirname = dirname(dirname($file));
            $base = strtolower(str_replace([dirname(dirname(dirname($file))), DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR], "", $dirname));
            $name = str_replace([dirname($file), DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR, "Mystique.", ".php"], "", $file);

$this->resources[$base][$name] = $file;
        }
    }

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi @ukyo replying to this comment: https://processwire.com/talk/topic/8960-fieldtypefonticonpicker/?do=findComment&comment=198140

It's definitely the glob() that's causing the problem. These are the paths created by your module:

image.png.9f055e442442eaad41e83f0e5ab7805d.png

I wanted to fork your next branch, but github throws a 500 error when forking at the moment. But I'm not able to fix it anyhow, because I don't understand your code. This is what I have so far:

/**
     * @inheritDoc
     */
    public function ready()
    {
        $paths = [];
        $paths[] = __DIR__ . "/configs/";
        $paths[] = $this->wire("config")->paths->templates . "configs/";

bd($paths);
        foreach($paths as $path) {
            $opt = ['extensions'=>['php']];
            foreach($this->wire->files->find($path, $opt) as $file) {
                bd($file);
                // $dirname = dirname(dirname($file));
                // $base = strtolower(str_replace([dirname(dirname(dirname($file))), "/"], "", $dirname));
                // $name = str_replace([dirname($file), "/", "Mystique.", ".php"], "", $file);

// $this->resources[$base][$name] = $file;
            }
        }
    }

zPmefTc.png

I don't understand what you are doing with all those dirname() basename() calls... Maybe you want to use pathinto() instead?

bd((object)pathinfo($file));

Re9G1Mi.png

Looking forward to finally testing your module ? 

• Like 2

Thanks @bernhard, I updated module with same finder function used on FontIconPicker module. I am using dirname function for getting module or templates folder names from file path.

2080283130_EkranResmi2020-02-2719_11_54.png.bbe05c705c70c0d704e01bfd8bd310aa.png

"Example : Dive" is title of config,  "(mystique)" is name of module folder 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, bernhard said:

Finally ? Thank you!

3X0kd9I.png

Should the images field from the example Dive be working? When I upload an image the field seems to work but when the upload is done, the field resets itself. All other field data is saved correctly. Any ideas?

Image & File fields are not supported yet, i will check these fields later. Feel free to play with module for add support ?

Ok, thx! So why is that field in the example file? For me as an enduser the experience was: "Oh, wow, that even supports image fields! Let's try it! [uploading] Hm... Doesn't work - maybe another thing that isn't working on Windows due to path issues?" ? 

PS: When are you planning to merge NEXT into MASTER?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bernhard said:

Ok, thx! So why is that field in the example file? For me as an enduser the experience was: "Oh, wow, that even supports image fields! Let's try it! [uploading] Hm... Doesn't work - maybe another thing that isn't working on Windows due to path issues?" ? 

PS: When are you planning to merge NEXT into MASTER?

Next version merged with master branch. Image field removed from example ? sorry about that. Module updated.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, tried last version. Two Bugs:

1- When update module old module files renamed to ".Mystique" folder and this folder still listing "Resource" list and not shown in editor.
2- useLanguages also has bug. If admin language not default language, default language value not saved properly.  Default language value gets it's value from selected language.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, fliwire said:

Hi, tried last version. Two Bugs:

1- When update module old module files renamed to ".Mystique" folder and this folder still listing "Resource" list and not shown in editor.
2- useLanguages also has bug. If admin language not default language, default language value not saved properly.  Default language value gets it's value from selected language.

Module updated, CHANGELOG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

template overwrite field input settings has bug. Selected resource is saving properly but when shown all inputs empty.  

Checked db value, db has also default input resource and home page resource. Expect only home page values. (counts in below code).

{"title":"","checkbox":"","headline":"","summary":"","fieldset":"","fieldset_title":"","fieldset_description":"","another_fieldset":"","another_fieldset_title":"","another_fieldset_description":"","content":"","__json":null,"__name":"example-dive","counts":"888888888","__resource":"settings"}

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fliwire said:

template overwrite field input settings has bug. Selected resource is saving properly but when shown all inputs empty.  

Checked db value, db has also default input resource and home page resource. Expect only home page values. (counts in below code).

{"title":"","checkbox":"","headline":"","summary":"","fieldset":"","fieldset_title":"","fieldset_description":"","another_fieldset":"","another_fieldset_title":"","another_fieldset_description":"","content":"","__json":null,"__name":"example-dive","counts":"888888888","__resource":"settings"}

19 days ago, I created an issue. Waiting for fix or a solution. 

10 hours ago, fliwire said:

maybe you can look SeoMaestro source code, not have this problem.

Module updated, can you check ?

Its look like adding same method to Fieldtype class solve the problem.

tested: resource showing propery but with empy values.  In database field saved with default resource and template resource.

{"title":"","title1033":"","title1185":"","__json":null,"__name":"settings","__path":"D:\/Laragon\/www\/protest\/site\/templates\/configs\/Mystique.settings.php","video":"11111111","video1033":"22222222","video1185":"333333333","__resource":"settings"}

4 hours ago, fliwire said:

tested: resource showing propery but with empy values.  In database field saved with default resource and template resource.

{"title":"","title1033":"","title1185":"","__json":null,"__name":"settings","__path":"D:\/Laragon\/www\/protest\/site\/templates\/configs\/Mystique.settings.php","video":"11111111","video1033":"22222222","video1185":"333333333","__resource":"settings"}

Will check it

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

I had the same problem like @fliwire with changed resource property in template context not getting saved and outputted correctly.

I changed the FieldtypeMystique::getBlankValue() method a bit:

public function getBlankValue(Page $page, Field $field)
{
    return new MystiqueValue($page, $page->template->fieldgroup->getField($field,true));
}

API Ref: https://processwire.com/api/ref/fieldgroup/get-field/
With this change you are getting the field in context of the current page template. Then you have the correct resource filename in $field->resource.
This works here in my setup, but I haven't been able to test much for now. Hope this does not break something else.

Anyway, thanks for this module. Looks very promising!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2020 at 2:18 AM, gingebaker said:

Hi.

I had the same problem like @fliwire with changed resource property in template context not getting saved and outputted correctly.

I changed the FieldtypeMystique::getBlankValue() method a bit:

public function getBlankValue(Page $page, Field $field)
{
    return new MystiqueValue($page, $page->template->fieldgroup->getField($field,true));
}

API Ref: https://processwire.com/api/ref/fieldgroup/get-field/
With this change you are getting the field in context of the current page template. Then you have the correct resource filename in $field->resource.
This works here in my setup, but I haven't been able to test much for now. Hope this does not break something else.

Anyway, thanks for this module. Looks very promising!

Suggested fix applied, module updated.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, @ukyo!

I absolutely love your module. And trying to incorporate it in my site-building workflow. I did install it without a problem and am using it for storing some output settings with great success)

But today I found two (probably, related) bugs:

1. I cannot create a new Page Reference field. I am getting this error: "Call to a member function getField() on null" (...\Mystique\FieldtypeMystique.module.php:71).
  2. I cannot view a list of pages with certain template (see the screenshot). The error message is the same.mystique.thumb.jpg.660ef9911db96c02569fca6ff185eee0.jpg

Do you understand what it is?

On 6/20/2020 at 11:44 PM, Ivan Gretsky said:

Hello, @ukyo!

I absolutely love your module. And trying to incorporate it in my site-building workflow. I did install it without a problem and am using it for storing some output settings with great success)

But today I found two (probably, related) bugs:

1. I cannot create a new Page Reference field. I am getting this error: "Call to a member function getField() on null" (...\Mystique\FieldtypeMystique.module.php:71).
  2. I cannot view a list of pages with certain template (see the screenshot). The error message is the same.mystique.thumb.jpg.660ef9911db96c02569fca6ff185eee0.jpg

Do you understand what it is?

I fixed this error, but i can't update module on module directory. There is an error on module directory at the moment.

170864102_EkranResmi2020-06-2219_47_18.png.5a36b1b6e0d0dac0b8d9c74915008faa.png

You can update module by directly downloading it from Github.

• Like 2