How well does ProcessWire do in shared environments?

deane.barker

I have two websites running in that situation and everything seems fine. Well, one of them is a bit slow, but is not the fault of pw as the ftp is also slow there.

edit: forgot to mention that I don't have shared database. Only subdirectory in shared hosting...

ProcessWire is happy to run in a subdirectory or further. But it is not designed to share databases with any other product. While you may be able to do it (assuming no table name conflicts) I don't recommend it for ProcessWire or any other software... just as a matter of good security.

• Like 1

Subdirectory shouldn't cause any problems, I've been forced to do this couple of times without any trouble. Regarding shared database you should take into account that ProcessWire tables cannot be prefixed, at least not without (lots of) very ugly hacks. I'd suggest that you first of all make sure that no other system wants to use same table names.

On the other hand I'd also like to suggest that you at least consider getting separate databases for each system, unless that's absolutely impossible for some reason. Makes things easier, less error-prone and (most importantly) more secure. This subject has been discussed here in more detail.