Manage PW Modules with Composer or similar

Is there any good way to manage PW dependencies - mainly modules - with composer or else?
I know that there are some PW modules available for composer, but not all. Does anyone have an idea to get other 3th party modules manageable with composer?

In our team of 3 dev's it would help us a lot to handle module updates and dev setup.

I was playing around with a idea to build a "ppm - processwire package manager" on my own if I find nothing good.

Edited by tiefenbacher_bluetomato
  • Like 1

I'm not fully understanding your question.  Are you wanting to update the composer dependencies from within Processwire like the Processwire Upgrade module does?

Ex. update a GoogleCalendar library to the latest version?

Or.. Are you asking what is the best way to include a third party library within a module?

In this case, I would advise NOT including the library directly in the module.  Have the user install it separately via Composer.

I like how Wanze did it in the new version https://github.com/wanze/TemplateEngineTwig

One command ran by the user will download the third party dependency, update the composer.json, install the dependency in the correct vendor folder, and install the module in the correct Processwire modules folder.

Here are a couple links you might find interesting:

https://processwire.com/blog/posts/composer-google-calendars-and-processwire/

• Like 1

Moderator note: this is not a support board for a new module, so I'm moving it to the General Support area of the forum.

The "Modules/Plugins" section of the forum is for dedicated module support threads. If you have a general question regarding ProcessWire, ProcessWire core modules, or "how to do [x] with ProcessWire", you should post it to the General Support area – or if it's a question regarding an existing module, check the "Support Board" link from the modules directory entry for that module and post your question to the linked thread instead.

Thanks!