my LAMP server guide for Debian

OrganizedFellow

In recent posts, Kongondo has mentioned quite a bit about his use of Linux. I am certain there are other users of Linux here in the community forums of ProcessWire ???

I have been a loyal user of FOSS and GNU Linux for as long as I can remember. Every single Android device I have owned has been rooted. My Linksys router runs DD-WRT. Every computer I have had has had some distribution of Linux at one time or another. 

Back in the late 90's my ex-girlfriend gave me a big box set of Suse and another of RedHat. I have since then distro-hopped from those to Arch, Mandrake, Suse, everything *buntu and I settled on Crunchbang++ for a few years. I have yet to play with CentOS or Linux From Scratch (LFS) but that is on the horizon ?

I have always preferred Debian and everything in its family tree, including Sparky. I just don't like XFCE nor LXDE. Openbox has always appealed to me, as well as i3wm.

I finally got around, by special request by Kongondo, to share my LAMP set up. It's a file I have modded over the years but it remains pretty simple. I formatted it to MarkDown and threw it up on github for your viewing. I hope to help our growing community in something I kinda sorta know a bit about ?

https://github.com/OrganizedFellow/LAMP

• Like 5