[solved] Invalid Module Name

artaylor

Hi,

This is my first attempt to write a PW module. I have built dozens of sites without writing my own modules, but figured it is time to up my PW game. I assume this is a stupid noob error, but I get the "Invalid Module Name" error in admin when I refresh the modules list.

Name of class: CCBillIntegration, Name of Module file: CCBillIntegration.module

Full extent of .module file:

<?php namespace ProcessWire;

class CCBillIntegration extends WireData implements Module {
	/**
	 * getModuleInfo is a module required by all modules to tell ProcessWire about them
	 * @return array
	 */
	public static function getModuleInfo() 
	{
		return array(
			'title' => 'CCBill Integration', 
			'version' => "0.1.0", 
			'summary' => 'A module to allow CCBill payment processing and user management integration.',
			'singular' => true, 
			'autoload' => true, 
			'icon' => 'credit-card' 
		);
	}

}

Thanks.

• 4 years later...

I'm having the same issue:

ProcessModule: Invalid module name: “.Modules.info” Please use uppercase [A-Z] for first character, lowercase [a-z] for 2nd character, and [a-z A-Z 0-9] for the rest. For example: “Modulesinfo”
ProcessModule: Invalid module name: “.Modules.site/modules/” Please use uppercase [A-Z] for first character, lowercase [a-z] for 2nd character, and [a-z A-Z 0-9] for the rest. For example: “Modulessitemodules”
ProcessModule: Invalid module name: “.Modules.wire/modules/” Please use uppercase [A-Z] for first character, lowercase [a-z] for 2nd character, and [a-z A-Z 0-9] for the rest. For example: “Moduleswiremodules”
ProcessModule: Invalid module name: “.ModulesUninstalled.info” Please use uppercase [A-Z] for first character, lowercase [a-z] for 2nd character, and [a-z A-Z 0-9] for the rest. For example: “ModulesUninstalledinfo”
ProcessModule: Invalid module name: “.ModulesVerbose.info” Please use uppercase [A-Z] for first character, lowercase [a-z] for 2nd character, and [a-z A-Z 0-9] for the rest. For example: “ModulesVerboseinfo”
ProcessModule: Invalid module name: “.ModulesVersions.info” Please use uppercase [A-Z] for first character, lowercase [a-z] for 2nd character, and [a-z A-Z 0-9] for the rest. For example: “ModulesVersionsinfo

However I don't know where exactly this is coming from and am also not sure what is supposed to follow this name scheme. The title? The class name? The .module.php file name? Because all the module classes I see have CamelCase with the first letter Uppercase, so do the module file names and the titles have Title Case and normally allow for spaces too…

Thanks for help! 

I don't know if this is related but I'm seeing a lot modules under the "Missing" tab which are actually not missing. I did of course refresh and check for new modules and also clear compiled files. The modules do appear under "Missing" and under the regular modules tab as if they were just fine. At least one of them, "System Notifications" is even a core-module and I think TineMCE as well, see screenshot.

Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 20.50.38.png

• 4 weeks later...

Did you find a solution?

In my case, the same "glitch" happened when trying to update PW to 3.0.226 / 3.0.227. I could imagine that in my case it has something to do with the refactoring of the Modules class, but I am just guessing. After several hours of testing I switched back to PW 3.0.210 and deleted the following entries from the database table modules, to get rid of the error messages:

image.thumb.png.44b8f9869488bd068d345b8b453c4d78.png

If anyone has any clues about this issue, please let me know.