[Solved] Remove all language related fields

louisstephens

Hopefully this is the right place, if not, please move it to the proper sub. I installed the multi language module on my development (sandbox) set up not too long ago to test out a few things. From the start, I ran into some issues with dependencies not being met/installed, so I thought that I would simply just uninstall what had been. Unfortunately, that took me down a road of using some code in my home template to remove the modules (cant find it at the moment). After some struggling, I finally got it uninstalled, but it left behind 3 fields,

1. language
  2. language_files
  3. language_files_site

I thought that I could simply remove them from the languages template and then delete them, but I get the following error:

1233390464_ScreenShot2019-03-13at8_39_56AM.thumb.png.cdf11469592ab21fb728c5421ba2c414.png

I was wondering, is there a way to remove these using the api? I couldn't add any new users to the setup until I made "language" not required, but I was hoping to just remove all of the fields.

You can remove the permanent flag on the advanced tab of the field's settings.

The other option is Tracy Admin Tools panel - open the field settings page for the problem field, and click the delete field button - this handles removing it from the fieldgroup/template and deleting it, all in one action.

• Like 3

Thanks adrian! I went to the advanced tab, but perhaps I am missing something. The only options present are:

• tags
  • icon
  • autojoin
  • global

I then went through tracy to delete it, but I am still met with the samed flagPermanent error message. I will continue to poke around and see what might be causing it.

Well darn, I set $config->advanced to true, and nothing seems to be changing for me on the field settings. Is there something else I need to change out?

That was completely my fault. I changed a config in the wrong folder without thinking. Thanks adrian, that solved the issue.

• Like 1