PHP7.0 upgrade problems in local vagrant LAMP environment

Michkael

Hi guys,

I am having problems upgrading the php in my local environment.

• I have cloned this vagrant LAMP rpeository (here) which comes with ubuntu 14.04
  • I have installed php5-gd
  • I have upgraded php using the following:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ondrej/php
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install php7.0

Now the version is: PHP 7.0.33-5+ubuntu14.04.1+deb.sury.org+1 (cli)
However when I try to install SEO Maestro, it tells me: Requires - PHP>=7.0.0, SeoMaestro 

Do you know what I should do?
Otherwise, can you suggest me another local environment that comes already with php7?

Thank you!

Michael

Note that end of life for ubuntu 14.04 is either passed, or in next month, depending on the variant you have.

If you're installing a custom version of PHP, at least go for 7.1+ - I don't see any reason for not going with 7.3. So you know, 7.0 has already reached end of life: http://php.net/supported-versions.php

If you decide to stay with Ubuntu 14.04, check out this guide for installing PHP 7.3: https://www.rosehosting.com/blog/how-to-install-php-7-3-on-ubuntu-16-04/ - it refers to ubuntu 16.04 but it should be the same. 

Also, check your phpinfo (via Tracy is easy) to make sure apache is using the new version, because sometimes the CLI can be using a different version.

• Like 1

@adrian Thank you for all the usefull informations!

You were right, apache was using the old version, I had to update it with:

sudo a2dismod php5
sudo a2enmod php7.0
sudo service apache2 restart

Do you have any suggestion on other types of testing environemnt than the one I have cited above?
Is it possible working on the same repository, to both update a testing environment + local database and the live version + live database? (obviously after pushing to git in my case).
  • Like 1