How to host an existing processwire project ??

oflcad

Dear Forum, 

I would like to start to hello to everyone, I am coming from React/React-Native world, so it's going to take a minute for me to stretch my feet.

I have a managed to install processwire in /www for ammps, and create a website... But now, I Have a existing processwire project that I would like to do the same thing ? I think the keyword from my point of view is install.php that magically disappear after the installation of processwire ?    

Edited by oflcad

Hi @oflcad,

Welcome to the forum and the world of Processwire.

Do you mean that you need to move the development site to a production server?? If so, there are several ways to do it.

1. Export the datebase and import it to the production server then upload the whole site to the production server. Please amend the site/config.php file as needed if database name, database username and password are different from your development server. You also need to amend the $config->httpHost in the config.php file to the production domain.

2. Use the miration module. and there is a blog post about it.

Hope this helps.

Gideon

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Gideon So said:

Export the datebase and import it to the production server then upload the whole site to the production server. Please amend the site/config.php file as needed if database name, database username and password are different from your development server. You also need to amend the $config->httpHost in the config.php file to the production domain.

And don't forget to exclude/empty the site/assets/cache directory.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the super helpful reply, @Gideon So I was trying to use the migration module, from the blog it looks like it will most likely comes in handy but I run to this error,  Fatal Error: Call to undefined function wirePopulateStringTags() (line 69 of /Applications/AMPPS/www/processwire-master/site/modules/Migrations/Migrations.module.php)