Image Mapping Module

Steve_Stifler

Hi Ninjas

I'm migrating my website from WP to PW but having a hard time trying to find an image mapping module of some kind.

My website doesn't have menu items, just pics and vids that you cn click on to take you to the relevant page.

Does anyone know of a module or any solution really?

Thanks

JA.

That's fine. The links from the reception onwards don't work as I started to take them down and...well you know...didn't get back to it.

investorhq.com.au

You won't find any menu items, just click where you want to go and it will take you there. I'm sure you'll cotton on after the first page.

Like your photo Psy!

JA.

• Like 1

@Steve_Stifler 

WOW! No wonder you want to move it from WordPress. Have you checked out the code? ?

Yep, got the idea after the first page, ie:

1. Clicking on a building is cute but terrible for accessibility and really not intuitive
  2. Yawned waiting for all the javascript files to load
  3. It's not responsive - just doesn't work on mobile size devices
  4. What looked like links - Less time, Less money, etc weren't

On the plus side, love the home page image and 'get' what you're aiming for.

All WP is doing is injecting javascript & code to render stuff on the home page. Your challenge is to figure out what script is doing what, then include the minimum to achieve same in the ProcessWire template. Happy to help you with that - DM me if you're interested in collaborating on this project.

As for my profile pic, thank you for the compliment. No photoshopping either. It's amazing what a truckload of spack filler, good lighting and an amazing photographer can do ?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, psy said:

As for my profile pic, thank you for the compliment. No photoshopping either. It's amazing what a truckload of sparkling filler, good lighting and an amazing photographer can do ?

Fixed it for you ?

• Haha 1

On 2/22/2019 at 6:26 PM, psy said:

@Steve_Stifler 

WOW! No wonder you want to move it from WordPress. Have you checked out the code? ?

Yep, got the idea after the first page, ie:

1. Clicking on a building is cute but terrible for accessibility and really not intuitive
  2. Yawned waiting for all the javascript files to load
  3. It's not responsive - just doesn't work on mobile size devices
  4. What looked like links - Less time, Less money, etc weren't

On the plus side, love the home page image and 'get' what you're aiming for.

All WP is doing is injecting javascript & code to render stuff on the home page. Your challenge is to figure out what script is doing what, then include the minimum to achieve same in the ProcessWire template. Happy to help you with that - DM me if you're interested in collaborating on this project.

As for my profile pic, thank you for the compliment. No photoshopping either. It's amazing what a truckload of spack filler, good lighting and an amazing photographer can do ?

When I export the script for the image map, it comes out as XML format. This is the code that exports. SO I suppose I need some kind of module that puts a layer over teh top of an image? I'm not sure but this plugin for WP I was really happy with.

Where to from here?

Image Map Code.txt

Please note that the Modules/Plugins area of the forum is intended for module-specific support threads only. General questions and module requests should go to other areas instead.

I'm moving this thread to the "Getting Started" area.