Gadgetto

[SOLVED] Looking for a kind of ON/OFF switch Inputfield for my GroupMailer module

Nice addition with the :focus! I personally do like the 2nd one most! Its clean and flat and snappy!

Your 2nd CodePen link doesn't show the same version as in the ani.gif: https://codepen.io/baumrock/pen/zeVErm (it has a shadow)

Do you have a working version of the second one?

No, I've accidently overwritten this version. But the second version is not accessible via keyboard anyhow. 

Damn... and I did it again! Now the pen https://codepen.io/baumrock/pen/pGXWxO has no shadow any more. It's the same as the second version but with grey border on focus to see it both on checked and unchecked state.

Does codepen not save different versions like jsfiddle does when saving??

27 minutes ago, bernhard said:

No, I've accidently overwritten this version. But the second version is not accessible via keyboard anyhow. 

Damn... and I did it again! Now the pen https://codepen.io/baumrock/pen/pGXWxO has no shadow any more. It's the same as the second version but with grey border on focus to see it both on checked and unchecked state.

Does codepen not save different versions like jsfiddle does when saving??

Doesn't work when implemented in my module: 

550485788_2019-02-2213-10-24.2019-02-2213_11_07.gif.62555381cfae64a403c47d47a4d53bbc.gif

I like the grey background, but I'd prefer a dark grey border instead of the green one. In your case when the checkbox is checked it looks as if the button gets smaller because you use the background color as border color. That's also a little worse for accessibility than a dark grey I think.

This version fits more into UIkit admin theme:

(I could think of a simple theme detection and use colors based on selected theme)

1023490192_2019-02-2218-17-43.2019-02-2218_19_49.thumb.gif.49896818ca854e96548dd3be9c4ac77b.gif

@ukyo thank you, I’ll have a look at your module. I just thought about creating a checkbox toggle module for myself.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gadgetto
      Hi,
      for my GroupMailer module I've created a custom Fieldtype + Inputfield module which provides multi-column field values. The first field column is a visible text field and there are some other columns which are not presented to user (they are rendered as hidden form fields).

This is the database schema:
      $schema['data'] = 'text NOT NULL'; // we're using 'data' to represent our 'subject' field $schema['sendstatus'] = 'tinyint NOT NULL DEFAULT 0'; // message send status $schema['recipients'] = "int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0"; // recipients counter $schema['sent'] = "int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0"; // sent counter $schema['started'] = "int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0"; // message sending start $schema['finished'] = "int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0"; // message sending finished This are the ___wakeupValue and ___sleepValue methods:
      Now I try to extend this Fieldtype/Inputfield to provide multi language features.
      Only the first value ("data" which represents the "subject" field) should be/needs to be multi language!
      I had a look at the built in Fieldtypes (e.g FieldtypeText & FieldtypeTextLanguage) which provides multi language support but I couldn't find a similar case (multi-value field with language support). All built in Fieldtypes are single-value fields.
      I know this is a very "general" question but maybe somebody could push me in the right direction?
    • By Gadgetto
      Hi,
      I'm starting the port of my MODX add-on GoodNews - a powerful integrated group and newsletter mailing system - to Processwire:
      http://www.bitego.com/extras/goodnews/
      I know I'll have a long and hard way to go... 🙂
      In order to plan the basic principles for my module in advance, here is my first question (more will come, that's for sure):
      GoodNews Subscribers are basically MODX users extended with the necessary meta informations to handle subscriptions and other mailing related stuff. The benefit for a subscriber being a MODX user is that it I also can use the permission system of MODX. How should I handle this in Processwire? Should subscribers also be Processwire users? Or is it better to use a custom user type? How will processwire handle lists of thousands of users?
      Thanks in advance for your help!
      Greetings,
      Martin
    • By Gadgetto
      Under MODX my Newsletter Add-On manages all mailings in its own resource containers. This is comparable to a PW page, which serves as a container for subpages.
      My newsletter module GroupMailer will also provide an administration console where you can start, stop and generally manage mailings + allows you to watch the sending status.
      What would you recommend as an experienced PW user? How should the mailings be managed in the PW module? I want to follow the PW paradigms as much as possible and also offer the greatest possible flexibility.
      Here is a screenshot from the MODX version:

Greetings, and a Happy New Year!
      Martin