Inputfield: Repeater Matrix Item Duplicator

David Karich

On 6/9/2020 at 8:07 PM, ngrmm said:

@David Karich i remember using this module and everything was fine. I wanted to use it again but the copy icon doesn't show up anymore after installing the module. am i missing something?
pw 3.0.148 and tested with matrixrepeater v4 and v5

I had the same problem recently and discovered the bug: When there also is a normal Repeater field above the RepeaterMatrix field, the js bug occured.

You could try, if this version works for you. If so, I'll create a PR

• Like 1

On 8/20/2020 at 10:39 AM, joshua said:

I had the same problem recently and discovered the bug: When there also is a normal Repeater field above the RepeaterMatrix field, the js bug occured.

You could try, if this version works for you. If so, I'll create a PR

@joshua thx. I tried it, and does not work for me. i also have not another repeater-field above or below my matrixfield.

Version Update 2.0.0

The current version has got some improvements, bug fixes and new features. Many thanks to @Autofahrn, who created the idea and code base for copying multiple items at once! Amazing feature! Also, there is now the option to disable the copy and paste dialogs. Last but not least, thanks to @joshua, for suggesting a bug-fix in context with normal repeater fields.

All information and downloads are updated in the first post.

• Like 4

On 6/9/2020 at 8:07 PM, ngrmm said:

@David Karich i remember using this module and everything was fine. I wanted to use it again but the copy icon doesn't show up anymore after installing the module. am i missing something?
pw 3.0.148 and tested with matrixrepeater v4 and v5

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the problem at all. Please try the new version. Otherwise I can only imagine that the module collides with the JS code of another module. Maybe you can give me access to a test system so I can have a look at it.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2020 at 9:46 PM, eydun said:

@David Karich Thank you for a good module. Your templates-setup also looks very good. 

I noticed you use Admin Theme Boss. But how do you achieve those very nice looking "View", "Save Only" and "Publish" buttons to the left?

image.png.1a6acbc92716fafe8e2b8ada024dba63.png

Sorry @eydun, I only saw your question now. I already brought the Floating Buttons into the game in 2018 as a proof of concept. You can find the code for them here: 

Or directly on GitHub: https://github.com/processwire/processwire-requests/issues/177

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2020 at 3:24 PM, David Karich said:

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the problem at all. Please try the new version. Otherwise I can only imagine that the module collides with the JS code of another module. Maybe you can give me access to a test system so I can have a look at it.

i send you a pm

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ngrmm said:

i send you a pm

@ngrmm I could identify the problem in your installation and have provided a fix in version 2.0.1 The problem was that your repeater field ended with the name "repeater". I have provided more information about this in the readme.

Nested repeaters cannot be supported technically. Therefore a check is made to prevent this. However, a nested repeater can only be detected if the field name ends for example with _repeater1234. For example, if your MatrixRepeater field is named like this: content_repeater or content_repeater123, this field is identified as nested and the module does not load. In version 2.0.1 the identification has been changed so that a field ending with the name repeater is only detected as nested if at least a two-digit number sequence follows. But to avoid this problem completely, make sure that your repeater matrix field does NOT end with the name "repeater".

For testing I have updated version 2.0.1 on your provided test environment and now it works. ? 

• Like 2

Version Update 2.0.1

The current version has got a bug fix. Thanks to @ngrmm I could discover a bug which causes that the module cannot be loaded if the MatrixRepeater field ends with the name "repeater". The code was adjusted and information about the problem was provided.

All information and downloads are updated in the first post.

• Like 4

• 8 months later...