[update] Raw data option with CURL not supported for PATCH

Marco Ro

Hi, Sometime people that try to make the registration can't do and in the page load a server error 500.

In the log Exceptions I see this alert:  Raw data option with CURL not supported for PATCH (in /wire/core/WireHttp.php line 670)

What kind of error is? and how can I solve it?

Thank you.

Could be a bug in the new version 3.0.125 ?

Before that I update from the 3.0.098 this error doesn't show up. I have see that in the 3.0.098 and 3.0.123 this part was commented.

protected function sendCURL($url, $method = 'POST', $options = array())

And in the function that give me the error at 640 row of WireHttp.

I have downgraded to the version 3.0.123 and now on the registration form works.

17 hours ago, MarcoPLY said:

What kind of error is? and how can I solve it?

Hi @MarcoPLY 

Not really helping here, but the update about WireHttp and cURL came in ProcessWire 3.0.124  and it say :

The WireHttp core class now includes cURL support. In practice this means that when you make a HTTP request using WireHttp, behind the scenes it'll attempt to use PHP's fopen(), and if that isn't available it will fall back to sockets – and finally, if sockets are unavailable as well, it will attempt to use cURL.

https://github.com/processwire/processwire/blob/dev/wire/core/WireHttp.php#L670

I am curious to see from where its happening.

What is your registration code ?  It is the LoginRegister module which is triggering this exception ? (sorry, I have trouble expressing myself, I'm sick ? )

Hi @flydev, I'm sorry you're sick. 

Honestly I don't know why there is this error, but if I can help, yes I use LoginRegister module, my code it's nothing particular. 
This problem show up in every registration from on the website, also in the subdomain with other installation that share the wire core folder. 

• 10 months later...