ED works new site

diogo

We're finally launching a redesign of our website! Doesn't feel like it to us, but our previous design was already from 2013 ?

https://ed-works.com/

We like to keep things simple, so the only third-party modules that we installed were Tracy debugger, Admin on steroids and Admin Theme Boss, which we tweaked a little bit to our taste.

All in all, there's not much going on inside PW. Our main concern was to serve the frontend with responsive images with a close quality to the originals, and for this, it's important that PW allows us to use ImageMagick for resizing them. We also love to use PW's image tags to add classes to the images. In this case, we use them to display the images with three different sizes.

We also had to change the templates to serve the projects to the homepage via Ajax.

We hope you guys like our new baby ?

Edit:

I forgot to refer that we also changed our logo and tweaked our name to ED works.

Edited by diogo
forgot to mention something
  • Like 22

Hey @diogo I love the clean design and the opposite scrolling of text and images @ desktop resolution. 

However there are some flaws in the site. The mobile and tablet resolution does not show the images, and makes the whole site look boring, as it is only text.

Links and text can not be distinguished, so you have to hover over the links. But this can't be done on mobile.

If you click on a project at mobile resolution there is way too much white space above the text. 

1854157081_ed-works.com_(iPhone6_7_8)(2).thumb.png.8cf0ba4e46d12f5cb1297153bd552932.png

• Like 1

Thanks, guys! I'm checking what's up with the server now.

update: the server is up and the permissions are fixed. Remind me not to run terminal commands as root again ?

Edited by diogo
update
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 1/28/2019 at 8:11 AM, diogo said:

Thanks, guys! I'm checking what's up with the server now.

update: the server is up and the permissions are fixed. Remind me not to run terminal commands as root again ?

The amount of time I've lost to this in the past ??

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...