how to set multi-lang server setting

benbyf

get this warning and am unsure even with the nice warning what to do here, the links dont seem to help - want to set eh site to FR and not the whole server as it is a shared server:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dxtfcrt1eyg9t7o/Screenshot 2019-01-15 11.40.53.png?dl=0

Warning: your server locale is undefined and may cause issues. Please translate the “C” locale setting for each language to the proper locale in /wire/modules/LanguageSupport/LanguageSupport.module (shortcuts provided below):
• English
• Française
For example, the locale setting for US English might be: en_US.UTF-8

Thanks, those seem like they would help but still getting the warning. I've set the two lang's to fr_FR.UTF-8 and en_EN.UTF-8 respectively in the admin, and added setlocale(LC_ALL, "fr_FR.UTF-8"); to the config, but doesnt seem to make a difference...?

2 hours ago, benbyf said:

??? no idea, in what way?

AFAIK, only English is installed by default (at least on Digital Ocean servers) so I always went up "sshing" and installing my Portuguese ones ?

Check in your shared server panel docs if they have more locales installed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, benbyf said:

??? no idea, in what way?

If you have command line access, try:

locale -a

This lets you know the available locales in the server. There might also be a PHP way I guess. If the ones you need are missing, you are going to have to install them.

Not an expert on this field but I've done it on a few servers and it's not very complicated googling a little bit (also asumming you're not on shared hosting and have shell  access to the server to make this installation).

• Like 3

• 8 months later...

I was also getting the same warning for a dual English/French install I'm working on. First time using multi-language.

I had setlocale(LC_ALL, "en_GB.utf8"); in site/config.php, and had set the values in LanguageSupport "C" fields as the error requests (en_GB.utf8 & fr_FR.utf8). Still getting the error message on login.

SSH checked the locales using locale -a, and they were listed. Hmm...

Tried a few things, but what worked for me was putting setlocale(LC_ALL, "en_GB.utf8", "fr_FR.utf8"); in site_ready.php. Error message now gone - hurrah!

• Like 1