files get added with 600 permissions and dont know why

benbyf

not sure why but PW adds any uploads as permissions 600 (e.g. images wont load after upload unless i go in with the same server user and change permissions to 755 or similar). This ever happened to any one else?

Strange, it look like a sftp/ftp issue, how do you upload your files ? via FTP ? If yes yes, which server type ?

Forgive, I misread the post..

What's the server type ? Dedicated ? shared host ? ProcessWire and PHP version ?

Ok, to give you the idea, I suspect that you have an issue with suPHP in your setup overriding permission or with FastCGI (through the use of suEXEC).

You should take a brief look at this direction and report things here. For example, if you confirm that suPHP is present, them check the value of umask in /etc/suphp.conf

ps: check your PM

• Like 1

Thanks for your help @flydev. The solution that worked you suggested was as follows:

1. cd /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/chinaandco/public/
  2. chmod 755 site/assets
  3. find site/assets -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;
  4. find site/assets/ -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;

This sorted it out. Though still not sure how i got into that permissions mess to start with ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, benbyf said:

Though still not sure how i got into that permissions mess to start with

We will know that on your next upload. 

On the next upload, try to remember the mode (FTP or SFTP (over ssh) ?) and compare permissions on localhost and on the hosting server to see if they are the same, if not, then I put a bet on suPHP or SSHd umask configuration.