celfred

Restrict selectable pages with created_users_id

Hello,

I'm struggling with this : a 'group' field of 'Page' type.

The parent of selectable pages is '/groups', the template is 'group', and a member can create some groups in the /groups tree. I would like this user to see only the groups he or she has created so in my 'Find selector' in the backend, I would like to use :

template=group, created_users_id=$user->id

But that doesn't seem to work... I still get the list of all available groups in the /groups tree.

Any idea ?

I had a feeling I had already seen that before (something like $user->id must be replaced by users_id or something, but I can't find anything in the Forums... and all my tests keep failing...

@jmartsch Thanks a lot for your help ! It works now !

But one thing worth mentionning : I was on a 'Page List Select' and it wasn't working, until I found out I had to use the 'Select' type of field 🙂

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By schwarzdesign
      ProcessWire added the numReferences property in 3.0.107, which returns the count of all pages having a reference to the page object. However, apparently it's not possible to use this property inside a selector. I'm trying to find all pages that are referenced at least once:
      $pages->find('template=service, numReferences>0'); This throws an error: "Field does not exist: numReferences".
      Is there another way to filter by the number of references? Of course, I could manually filter the results of the find query, but that feels overly complicated. Ideally, I would also like to filter the number of references from a specific field; that is, find all pages that are referenced at least once in one specific page reference field.
      Is there a way to do this? I guess supporting numReferences in selectors would be a feature request - if so, is it feasible?
      Thanks!

• By pwFoo
      I played with the Selectors object and would like to use it for a special use case...
      That is a custom Selectors object with dummy data converted to an php array to see the structure (Selectors object is a WireArray with "fields" added)
      Array ( [0] => Array ( [0] => Array ( [field] => seg1 [value] => val1 [not] => [group] => [quote] => [forceMatch] => ) [1] => Array ( [field] => seg2 [value] => val2 [not] => [group] => [quote] => [forceMatch] => ) ) )  
      But instead of "seg1" the field name is "field" with value "seg1" (= my field name).

So I can't search the Selectors WireArray (= custom WireArray with added Selectors objects) with PW "find('seg1=val1')", Is there a way to search with "find()" or build a simple wrapper to make the elements searchable / filterable with find()?
    • By creativejay
      Apologies if this has been covered. I tried a search but didn't hit the usecase I'm after.
      I currently have category pages listing their children products. Someone asked me to put a product in multiple categories, so I created a Page Reference field called prod_othercategories which lets a user pick multiple product category pages.
      When I try to output a list of products for a category page, I came around to the following selector:
      $pages->find("prod_othercategories|parent=$page, template=prod_series, sort=title, prod_status_pages!=1554|1559|1560|4242"); Only the first selector item is giving me trouble, but I'm including the entire string in case something is conflicting and I'm not realizing it.
      The output is currently only outputting matches for "parent" and ignoring prod_othercategories. I tried listing parent first in the selector but it had no effect.
      Appreciate if someone could help me with this! Thanks!
    • By celfred
      Hello !
      I have somehting I don't understand here... Here's my code :
      $allPlayers = $pages->find("parent.name=players, team=$selectedTeam"); $allTrains = $allPlayers->find("template=event, task.name~=ut-action, refPage!='', date>=$startDate, date<=$endDate, sort=refPage, sort=date"); bd('$allTrains:'.$allTrains->count()); // DISPLAYS 0 ???? foreach($allPlayers as $p) { $allTrainings = $p->find("template=event, task.name~=ut-action, refPage!='', date>=$startDate, date<=$endDate, sort=refPage, sort=date"); $test += $allTrainings->count(); } bd('$test:'.$test); // DISPLAYS 883 pages (normal) As you can read from my comments, I have no idea why my first $allTrains stays at 0 while the second request actually finds the corresponding pages. If someone could explain I'd appreciate a lot. I have been struggling with this for hours now... For your information, my pages having template 'event' are in a subtree like so :
      - player 01
        - history-1
          - event 01
         - event 02
         - event ...
        - history-2
          - event 01
          - event ...
      - player 02
        - history-1
          - event 01
         - event 02
         - event ...
        - history-2
          - event 01
          - event ...
      - player ...
        - history-1
          - event 01
         - event 02
         - event ...
        - history-2
          - event 01
          - event ...

Thanks in advance. (sorry for my preceding 'tree' which doesn't look like much. I need to find a way to output this better 😉 )
    • By louisstephens
      So, I really don't know where to begin with this. I have the thought in my head (the basics), but not really sure how to set it up.
      The desired effect:
      The homepage is set up with a foreach loop that outputs all the child pages (basically just a bunch of pages with pdfs, docs etc stored in a file field). When A user is actually logged in, they can "star" an item or drag and drop (using Dragula) the page to a sidebar. Also, they would be able to reorder the pages in the sidebar.
      The question(s):
      I guess I have multiple questions regarding how to achieve this.
      Would it be best to create a page field in the user template to save the page(s)? How would you actually save the page state (sidebar output, reordering, etc) once the drag and drop has been used? Thanks in advance for any help! A lot of this was just what was in my head, so it might not make full sense. However, I will update this if I can actually wrap my head around everything.