tarkvsg

tell me about hooks in ready.php

Hi!
tell me, pls, how to execute this equality (from ready.php)

$wire->addHookAfter('InputfieldPage::getSelectablePages', function($event) {
    if($event->object->hasField == 'FIELDNAME')
    {
    }
}

- $hasField The Field object associated with this Inputfield (from definition parent class for InputfieldPage)

the left side equation is the object entity, and the right side - the string 
How it is?

• Like 1

Hi @tarkvsg, welcome to the PW forums.

2 hours ago, tarkvsg said:

$hasField The Field object associated with this Inputfield (from definition parent class for InputfieldPage)

the left side equation is the object entity, and the right side - the string 
How it is?

It works because the comparison uses the == "equal to" and not the === "identical to" operator.

The PHP manual explains that == means "TRUE if $a is equal to $b after type juggling". In the case of the comparison...

$event->object->hasField == 'FIELDNAME'

...'FIELDNAME' is a string so a comparison is made to the string value of $event->object->hasField. And the string value of a Field object is the field's name. See the __toString() method of the Field class here: 
https://github.com/processwire/processwire/blob/649d2569abc10bac43e98ca98db474dd3d6603ca/wire/core/Field.php#L1097-L1103

• Like 5

2 hours ago, tarkvsg said:

How i could forget about php type juggling?

Hi, I don't know if this question is ironically made for your self or if is a real one. Anyway just incase, the answer is easy: Simply add a single character.

Always use === instead of == (or !== instead of !=) when comparing so if the types differs PHP will not attempt conversions and will return FALSE. Do not use the == until is really required, knowing what you are doing.

Charts: https://github.com/sentientmachine/php_equality_charts

• Like 1

5 hours ago, flydev said:

Hi, I don't know if this question is ironically made for your self or if is a real one. Anyway just incase, the answer is easy: Simply add a single character.

Always use === instead of == (or !== instead of !=) when comparing so if the types differs PHP will not attempt conversions and will return FALSE. Do not use the == until is really required, knowing what you are doing.

Charts: https://github.com/sentientmachine/php_equality_charts

Ofcause ironically. it was a newbie quastion and i was to guessed someself. Thanks again.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.