(WIP) Field Change Notifier

netcarver

• 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I've just installed this module on ProcessWire 2.7.2.

Another ProcessWire module that quickly gives me a solution to something asked for (at the last minute).

I guess that it is correct that Tag Parser had to be added in the Details tab of the two fields that had to be monitored.

Apparently it's not, it displays errors (messages) on the front-end. I had done it because at first I couldn't find where to set up things. Perhaps I hadn't clicked well on Configuration > Field Change Notifier.

I guess that "changed from [something] to new" or "changed from old to new" is the normal message(s).

By the way, (where) could "old" and "new" be translated (in order to "survive" updates)?

At first I wanted to write this post to mention the possible option of notifying only if a certain role(s) has made the change(s).

So that, for example, a role with higher permissions (not the superuser. In this case, one that can create these users with very limited permissions.) that first fills in/modifies the fields doesn't get notified each time he/she does it.

Also, wanted to mention that in Administration > Configuration > Field Change Notifier, I've just noticed this displayed (in UPPERCASE in the Admin):

When this field…

changes from this value…

to this value…

notify user(s) …

Thanks for this module!

• 6 years later...

I was trying to set up a workflow so a specific role receives an email when another role marks a page as "ready for publishing" via checkbox. Seems like this module does exactly that, but it's listed as not compatible with  PW3.0.

Has anybody tried it already or knows if it works?