PW 3.0.122 – Core updates

ryan

Last week's version 3.0.121 was the first release candidate for our next master version. Several issue reports were covered this week for minor things, and they are all included in this week's dev branch version 3.0.122. Please consider this version the RC2 (release candidate 2) for our next master. There's nothing major to report, but if you'd like to see the list of changes relative to last week's version, please see the dev branch commit log at: https://github.com/processwire/processwire/commits/dev

If you have a chance, please upgrade to version 3.0.122 and let us know if you run into any issues. Thus far things are going smoothly and it seems like we are very close to the next master version, perhaps as soon as next week. 

Since I don't have much more to report than the above, we'll skip doing a blog post this week. But after last week's post, a couple of people asked me about ProMailer (as mentioned, which we use for the weekly email distribution), so I'll be sure to write more on that soon. Attached is a screenshot from the message editor screen that reveals several aspects of the message sending part at least. Thanks for reading and I hope that you all have a great weekend! 

promailer-message.png

• Like 15

ping: @ryan

This one would be really useful: https://github.com/processwire/processwire/pull/117

Also this is not an issue, it would be really helpful to have this enhanced debugInfo integrated into the current dev branch, before it becomes the new stable.
It doesn't affect any other method or param, - only enhances the __debugInfo() method with useful informations.

This would be really helpful for debug and support cases, if someone encounters a problem and ask here in the forums for help, we can get a good insight / overview in his/her current images system by simply asking to show us that info.

• Like 5

On a (quite freshly installed) test site with UIkit3 profile and running on PHP7.1.24 I upgraded to latest dev (3.0.116 -> 3.0.122), which brings up an error message:

Fatal Error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ProcessWire\mb_convert_encoding() in /wire/core/Sanitizer.php:1036 

Seems to be related to one of the most recent commits?

May be specific to that particular PHP version?

(sorry for reporting here instead of github)