Searching a Commodore 64 and Datasette ...

horst

Ah, ok. Seems that I have to clarify a bit: with the age of 10, he started with a desktop pc i5 and 16gb ram. From that on, he is more and more interested in retro machines. I'm not totally sure, but I think currently he owns 4-5 (old) Laptops of different decades, an old IMac, 5 mobiles, 3 tablets and 1 C64.

The C64 is the most beloved for him, and he works on different hardware parts. Also he has built different audio adapters for DOS Laptops. Unfortunately the Sound Chip of the C64 seems to be broken. Don't ask me! - he told me something that not all 8 channels are working but only 2, and that it is not possible to detect the concrete issue of it with his limited equipment.

IMG_4916.thumb.JPG.a051344a232acfe5b4c68bad51c689c0.JPG

So, he is more interested in modifying the hardware then in sitting in front of a screen.

From time to time I pray, that the C64 is the stop in his retro interest, not that I someday has to look out for a Z4. ?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, clsource said:

And this tracker for gameboys

Very Cool! Yes, he also has game boys. No Arduinos until now, but RasPis. But these "Sound Things" are exactly what he is after.

Many thanks! ?

Amazing.. ?‍?

I just asked to my boss if he still has something, telling me that all the things came to the trash some time ago, but he told me that he still have a Sinclair ZX-81 with 1KB of RAM and an 16KB RAM extension (http://oldcomputers.net/zx81.html). I will have an answer tomorrow.  If you're interested, just tell me.

For the C64, it look like we can find some machines here in France.

1 hour ago, horst said:

From time to time I pray, that the C64 is the stop in his retro interest

After the hardware part ?

Screen-Shot-2015-01-30-at-1_13.06-PM.thumb.png.0376c842da8c4a2ee2fb885584c08f80.png

• Like 1