Can't login, but no error message (solved)

neophron

Hi there,

a few weeks ago I completed a 3.098 installation (server php 7.2). Yesterday I wanted to login but failed. I tried different browsers, meanwhile on two different PCs, but no login.

Then I realized, that after hitting the »Login« button, there was no message (admin name – Login failed). I also tried all procedures (https://processwire-recipes.com/recipes/resetting-admin-password-via-api/). Then I checked the errors.txt (site/assets/logs) – nothing.

The frontend works fine. Is there a way to check this Processwire installation? Could be something missing?

Activate debug mode in config.php, and also check your server's error log files. With something like the web development browser extension you could at least see if the server returns HTTP 200 or 500 - that would be a start for further debugging. You could also copy everything to another server, and try if you can login there (of course, do a mySQL dump, adjust config.php file etc.)

• Like 2

Thanks,

the debug mode is active.
These are the server logs statistics:

[Sat Nov 24 02:56:21 2018] [php7:error] [pid 31827] [client 2c0f:f038:208:8e00:453:7af4:3aa7:c8dc] [host robin-shillcock.com] script '/is/htdocs/wp1155705_7UFJDYJEXF/www/processwire_10-2018/wp-login.php' not found or unable to stat
[Sat Nov 24 03:02:46 2018] [php7:error] [pid 27344] [client 198.44.228.85] [host xxx.com] script '/is/htdocs/wp1155705_7UFJDYJEXF/www/processwire_10-2018/fuck.php' not found or unable to stat
[Sat Nov 24 03:02:48 2018] [php7:error] [pid 27384] [client 198.44.228.85] [host xxx.com] script '/is/htdocs/wp1155705_7UFJDYJEXF/www/processwire_10-2018/coon.php' not found or unable to stat
[Sat Nov 24 04:56:06 2018] [php7:error] [pid 19825] [client 111.93.22.58] [host xxx.com] script '/is/htdocs/wp1155705_7UFJDYJEXF/www/processwire_10-2018/wp-login.php' not found or unable to stat
[Sat Nov 24 14:33:27 2018] [php7:error] [pid 8407] [client 87.142.120.228] [host xxx.com] script '/is/htdocs/wp1155705_7UFJDYJEXF/www/processwire_10-2018/reset.php' not found or unable to stat

The last entry is from my attempt to change the login with a reset.php. But someone tried to check, if this is Wordpress site.

When we submit the login form of your admin page, the response is a 404 error code. Also your attempt to visit the reset.php failed, you might have an issue with the .htaccess file.

You could try the following :

1. backup everything
  2. create a file - disable-procache.php - on the root web dir (along the index.php file) with this code:
    <?php namespace ProcessWire;
    require_once('./index.php');
    // get the module
    $pc = $modules->get('ProCache');
    // turn off procache
    $pc->cacheOn = false; 
  3. visit the page at http://yourwebsite.com/disable-procache.php
  4. replace the .htaccess file with this https://github.com/processwire/processwire/blob/master/htaccess.txt (do not forget to rename it to .htaccess)
  5. try to login - result ?
  • Like 2

Thanks for your suggestion.

Thanks god, I had a backup (the Duplicator saved my ass). I extracted it and installed it in a subdomain. Login was no problem. Then I replaced the old htaccess with new one and – et voilla – I'm in. I remember, that I had to deactivate some rules in the htaccess file, cause Processwire had some problems with this hoster (Host Europe).

I think the reason was, that I added some rewriting stuff to the htaccess.

• Like 1

• neophron changed the title to Can't login, but no error message (solved)