Black Friday, Cyber Monday, etc. "IT deals"

szabesz

Hello,

Currently I'm hunting for IT deals, so I thought I'd share what I find interesting. If you happen to find more IT and webdev related offers, please share it.

VPN:

• Cheapest VPN with P2P, streaming (Netflix, BBC, etc...) support, multi device (routers too), 5 simultaneous device connections,  5 year deal: https://www.purevpn.com/

I did purchase it.

MAMP Pro,  I've been waiting for this ?

• Like 4

Thanks for the link @flydev! How secure a VPN is always a contradictory topic. I am still testing it as far as speed, access and download possibilities are concerned. So far I cannot complain for the price/features ratio. As for DNS leaking I cannot say much, but I'n not really after rock solid privacy but instead: access. You are certainly right to point out that pureVPN might not be the one for anyone, however they have at least improved on their Refund Policy: https://www.purevpn.com/refund-policy.php. Your linked article mentions "3 GB or 100 sessions = VOID", currently they have a "31-Day Refund Policy" with exceptions like: "some payment methods do not support the refund option. We have clearly marked such payment methods "non-refundable" during the checkout process". All in all, I'm still testing...

• 1 month later...

I read this PureVPN review and it seems its not working in China and their ios app is missing from apple app store. Should one go with this VPN still? I mean what other benefits it will give me? Is it good for streaming and torrenting? Are there any IP leaks? If anyone has any experience then please chip in so that I can make the right decision.

Edited by kongondo
Removed link. Possibly spam/advertising

5 hours ago, Baozhai said:

Are there any IP leaks?

Hi, if you can tell me how to test this quickly (eg. by using some online service) without any convoluted software installation requirements then I'm happy to test it for you. Otherwise I am not using their service all the time, only for certain occasions. So far I cannot complain.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/supporting-the-creative-community/

• + A new 90-day free trial of the Mac and Windows versions of the whole Affinity suite
  • A 50% discount for those who would rather buy and keep the apps on Mac, Windows PC and iPad
  • A pledge to engage more than 100 freelance creatives for work, spending the equivalent of our annual commissioning budget in the next three months (more details of this will be announced soon).
Edited by Christophe
Removed temporary addition information
  • Like 5

• 9 months later...