Comments Manager doesn't change modified date of a page

Klenkes

I tested all day Comments with ProCache enabled and everything would work fine except one issue:

Even though my comments field has "Quiet Save" NOT enabled, the comments Manager doesn't change the modified date on a page with the comments field. That's very inconvenient for editors because they have to save the page with the new comment in order to get the Cache refreshed. And there are several hundred pages to navigate through.

Is this by design?

I hope not because I think it wouldn't make sense, I guess... If a comment is approved shouldn't the page the comment lives on be saved?

The Comments Manager is a great module because it collects all the comments for the whole website in one place.

PW 3.0.98 | Comments 1.0.7 | Comments Manager 0.0.8

For now I did the unthinkable... I changed a core file, and it breaks my heart ?

Since the function isn't hookable I had to edit:
/wire/modules/Process/ProcessCommentsManager/ProcessCommentsManager.module
In function processComments I added twice:

$page_to_save = $comment->getPage();
$page_to_save->save();

Poorly done... but I don't know better.

8 hours ago, Klenkes said:

Poorly done... but I don't know better.

Normally if you copy a core module to your /site/modules/, ProcessWire asks which of the two versions you want to use. You can the select the one in /site ..and edit it as you wish. I'm not sure if it also works with Process Modules though. I also can't remember  when the feature was introduced.

Edited by kongondo
  • Like 1

On 11/22/2018 at 5:30 PM, kongondo said:

Normally if you copy a core module to your /site/modules/, ProcessWire asks which of the two versions you want to use. You can the select the one in /site ..and edit it as you wish. I'm not sure if it also works with Process Modules though. I also can't remember  when the feature was introduced.

Yep! Thanks. I forgot about that.
Works with Processmodules too.

Admin note: I'm moving this thread from the "Modules/Plugins" section to the "General Support" area of the forum. Please submit general / core / core module related questions to the General Support section instead of Modules/Plugins.