German language pack (de_DE) with formal salutation

dotnetic

• 1 month later...

How does everybody feel about creating a separate language pack for official and/or popular modules which would usually be in the site folder? I just noticed the Norwegian language pack making that switch.

Especially for the Pro modules (Lister, FormBuilder) it would be nice to have a drop-in solution. And if you don't need them, just install the core language pack and everything stays the same. As far as I can tell, the current de-DE language pack doesn't include module translations, right?

I'd be willing to create a repo and get things rolling.

• Like 3

I've gone ahead and created a separate repo for third-party and Pro modules. Looking forward to having forum users test these and contribute with their own translations.

daun/pw-lang-de-modules

While the list of modules to include is obviously subjective, I've started with the ones my non-technical clients tend to use on their own (in alphabetical order):

• Dashboard
  • Jumplinks
  • PageListerPro
  • PageLister Actions
    • Delete
    • Email
    • Set field
    • Set status
  • ProcessWire Upgrade
  • ProFields
    • Table
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
20 hours ago, bernhard said:

0MWpoDj.png

Hey Jens, could you please fix mistake (vor dem -Z-uschneiden) --> groß! Thx ? 

Hey, sure, as I find the time. But could you please create an issue on github, so it is easier for me to track.

PR's are also always welcome.

• 2 months later...
  • dotnetic changed the title to German language pack (de_DE) with formal salutation

Hi dotnetic,
I try to use your  /processwire-language-pack-helper setup. I've got it running locally so far, but whenever I try to edit a language file I get the error:
ProcessWire: ProcessLanguageTranslator: Unable to load textdomain
Any ideas whats wrong?

Another question regarding translations and suggestions for edits: in case of changes for existing terms – is it intended to first discuss any change here or should I make my PR in any case and it's up to you to accept or deny it? (for example I would suggest to replace "Umdrehen" with "Spiegeln" at the image action select - like its used to be called in all image-editors).

Thank you!

On 9/3/2021 at 4:38 PM, sz-ligatur said:

Any ideas whats wrong?

I will take a look at this.

Normally a change should/could be discussed here or you could create an issue and/or PR for that on github. If it really makes sense to me, I will merge the PR or fix the issue.

On 9/3/2021 at 3:06 PM, sz-ligatur said:

(I guess ist should read /main.zip)?

Yeah, because I changed the branch from master to main, sadly I can not login to modules.processwire.com (again) and change the information. I will ask Ryan or Pete for help, so I can login again.

On 9/3/2021 at 4:38 PM, sz-ligatur said:

This only happens with some overseen files that have another or no textdomain, because of the main ProcessWire version change. In the files list, they look like this:

image.thumb.png.2263f636320e3e55aa01e47e9d1f7479.png

a working file would look like this:

image.png.52bcf620f511b95257b29090158f3e75.png

I try to do a cleanup and push the changes to the repo

I installed the german language pack long time ago and I want to update it to the new version. What is the correct way to update the language pack? I just can't find the field anymore to drop in the ZIP file with all the data in it so that it will override the existing translations with the new ones.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
13 hours ago, horst said:

@dotnetic Jens, when do we get an update to the latest stable? 3.0.200  ?

Or is it already online and I haven't found it?

I think I will have a look at the changes on friday, if I find the time.

• Thanks 2

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/3/2023 at 2:10 PM, bernhard said:

Hey @dotnetic would it be possible to rename "bewegen" to "verschieben" in the page tree translation?

This is already the case, just tested it with a fresh import into an existing project. That was a request, maybe even from you 3 years ago. Since then it is "verschieben". You can see it in here pw-lang-de/wire--modules--process--processpagelist--processpagelistrender-php.json at 647a7d40d3b933f2c43bde859401a4f7d6cc2a7d · jmartsch/pw-lang-de (github.com)

• Thanks 1