German language pack (de_DE) with formal salutation

dotnetic

• 1 month later...

That's exactly the point:

image.png.1cda6df33e4f953d7684794d75768665.png

The body field is attached to the blogitem template, but 0 pages have a populated body value (of 11 pages having template blogitem):

image.png.9befe9e839ee4c387218edec2fc8d789.png

So imho the number is showing how many fields on the given template are actually populated (befüllt).

• Like 1

I also did not know, that it worked like that.

But I am not sure about using "Befüllte Seiten", or "Ausgefüllte Seiten" or something completely different like "Seiten mit ausgefülltem Feld" (which is a little bit long for a table heading).
What do you think is the best?

Another question:

As this is the support forum for the german language files, what are your opinions, about communicating in german here?

15 hours ago, dotnetic said:

As this is the support forum for the german language files, what are your opinions, about communicating in german here?

I think it would make the communication easier because we wouldn't need to switch between languages within one single sentence. But I don't really care ? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dotnetic said:

Just an observation from "an outsider": folks who are not competent in German might still need a German language pack for their projects. It'd be a little difficult to figure out what's going on if the discussion related to said language pack was in German as well.

Also, forum guidelines state that the language here is English — though personally I don't think it's going to be a major issue if you do decide that German would be better (in this specific context, based on a good reason; the key point being that it would be an exception to the rule) ?

• Like 3

17 hours ago, dotnetic said:

Whilst I appreciate the inherent advantages, I'd like to point out that the forum rules/guidelines currently don't allow this.

Edit

I see @teppo beat me to it :-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

SclAu88.png

What do you guys think of changing that to

• Vertikal spiegeln
  • Horizontal spiegeln
  • Beides spiegeln
  • 90° drehen (rechts)
  • 90° drehen (links)
  • 180° drehen
  • S&W
  • Sepia

Actually I don't understand why we have the options for 270° rotation at all? -270 = +90, so why does it show up??

• Like 3

@bernhard Sadly the suggested changes to the image manipulation are not possible, because I can only translate the word "rotate". It is not the whole string that can be translated. I have seen you have already opened an issue for a change on github

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the update.

Could you please consider following changes:

• ProcessPageClone.module: Copy = duplizieren => Duplizieren, because every other action has a capital letter.
  • WireDateTime.php: days = Tage => Tagen, because the relativeTimeStr is "seit X Tage". Or is "days" anywhere else used? If not this change would make more sense and could be applied to seconds, months and years as well.

Or should I post this as GitHub issue? ?

Regards, Andreas

• 2 weeks later...

A PR would be the easiest and least time expensive way for me. This was one reason for me to provide the language helper repo https://github.com/jmartsch/processwire-language-pack-helper, so translations could also be tested in a real environment.

Another way would be to fork and modify the file directly in github (it has a nice file editor) and then make a PR. I will then check and merge the PR @LostKobrakai @bernhard

• dotnetic changed the title to German language pack (de_DE) with formal salutation