Advice for Web Hosting Company in the U.S.

neophron

Hi there,

a customer of mine is living in the U.S.. About 7 years ago I started to create a website for her. She parked her domains at GoDaddy. After some frustrating attempts to install a cms, finally I convinced her to go to Arvixe. At this time everything worked fine, they had a real support. Meanwhile the situation changed, everything sucks, the support disappeared. I've got the feeling, that the management changed and they reduced all to a minimum of support.

So my question is – what U.S.-hosting company would you advice?

thanks

sounds familiar; I switched some sites over to a KnownHost VPS and so far it has been good. I can definitely say that their support is great, any support ticket is answered very rapidly, and this applies to both VPS and for their shared hosting plans.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, neophron said:

what U.S.-hosting company would you advice?

I also used Arvixe for a about a year three years ago, but I moved to SiteGround. I never regretted it ? 

If you go with GoGeek https://www.siteground.com/web-hosting.htm or some even more expensive options then SiteGround'a ticketing support is very-very responsive (first reply is between 5 and 20 minutes, with responsive follow ups), also, mostly they can help right out of the box, but if not, problems can be solved with a relatively short conversation. Their servers are fast too. If you pick shared hosting like GoGeek, then keep in mind that there are resource limits but with a properly implemented ProcessWire site it should not be a problem at all. Their backup system is good, they even have full account custom snapshot support.

I honestly don't have much examples to pick from, but managed servers from LiquidWeb have worked really well for me, as others have also pointed out about other companies, support is great. Need a PHP extension installed? Just raise a ticket and done! Maybe watch out on those who don't have good support opinions ?