MoritzLost

Textformatter: Automatically link page titles (BETA)

UPDATE: I have published a stable version of this module!

Discussion thread:

Github: https://github.com/MoritzLost/TextformatterPageTitleLinks

---

Hello there,

I'm working on a tiny textformatter module that searches the text for titles of other pages on your site and creates hyperlinks to them. I'm not sure if something like this exists already, but I haven't found anything in the module directory, so I wrote my own solution 🙂

It's not properly tested yet and is still missing some functionality I would like to implement, so at the moment it should be considered in BETA. Features include limiting the pages that will get searched by template, and adding a custom CSS class to the generated hyperlinks. As I'm writing this I noticed that it will probably include unpublished and hidden pages at the moment, so yeah ... it's still in development alright 😅

You can download the module from Github:
https://github.com/MoritzLost/TextformatterPageTitleLinks

There's some more information in the readme as well.

Anyway, let me know what you think! I'm happy about any feedback, possible improvements or ideas on how to improve the module. Cheers.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mel47 said:

Hi,

I use a slightly modified version of http://modules.processwire.com/modules/textformatter-glossary/ to achieve this task. I'm not sure if it's exactly the same mechanism, though.

I will eventually test yours and see if it suits my needs.

Mel

Hm, I guess there was a module like that after all ^^

Well, the approach is different in that my module doesn't use delimiters to mark links-to-be. This is a bit less work, but gives you less control in exchange. Depends on the use case I think. Anyway, I'm working on improving my module and adding some features I find useful, so it will hopefully become a solid alternative to the glossary module 🙂 Maybe I can even add an option to use delimiters as well, in case one needs more control ...

• Like 1

I have made some updates to the module, in case someone wants to check it out 🙂

• The module will now correctly exclude unpublished pages. There's also an additional check to make sure a page is viewable by the current user before it gets linked.
  • Hidden pages are not included by default, but this can be changed through the module settings.
  • I adjusted the option for including the current page; this option is now disabled by default. Also, this will now work inside Repeater or Repeater Matrix fields.
  • The updated README file on Github reflects all changes.

I still have a couple of things I want to add before I call it a stable release, but feel free to check out the current version and let me know if anything doesn't work!

I'm not sure if the formatter will work with the ProDrafts module, as I don't own that module and I'm not sure how the draft and version statuses interact with the default statuses. If someone can test the module on a site using that module or shed some light on those questions (forum thread here), it'd be very much appreciated!

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By bernhard
      --- Please use RockFinder3 ---
    • By MoritzLost
      Cacheable Placeholders
      This module allows you to have pieces of dynamic content inside cached output. This aims to solve the common problem of having a mostly cacheable site, but with pieces of dynamic output here and there.  Consider this simple example, where you want to output a custom greeting to the current user:
      <h1>Good morning, <?= ucfirst($user->name) ?></h1> This snippet means you can't use the template cache (at least for logged-in users), because each user has a different name. Even if 99% of your output is static, you can only cache the pieces that you know won't include this personal greeting. A more common example would be CSRF tokens for HTML forms - those need to be unique by definition, so you can't cache the form wholesale.
      This module solves this problem by introducing cacheable placeholders - small placeholder tokens that get replaced during every request. The replacement is done inside a Page::render hook so it runs during every request, even if the response is served from the template cache. So you can use something like this:
      <h1>Good morning, {{{greeting}}}</h1> Replacement tokens are defined with a callback function that produces the appropriate output and added to the module through a simple hook:
      // site/ready.php wire()->addHookAfter('CachePlaceholders::getTokens', function (HookEvent $e) { $tokens = $e->return; $tokens['greeting'] = [ 'callback' => function (array $tokenData) { return ucfirst(wire('user')->name); } ]; $e->return = $tokens; }); Tokens can also include parameters that are parsed and passed to the callback function. There are more fully annotated examples and step-by-step instructions in the README on Github!
      Features
      A simple and fast token parser that calls the appropriate callback and runs automatically. Tokens may include multiple named or positional parameters, as well as multi-value parameters. A manual mode that allows you to replace tokens in custom pieces of cached content (useful if you're using the $cache API). Some built-in tokens for common use-cases: CSRF-Tokens, replacing values from superglobals and producing random hexadecimal strings. The token format is completely customizable, all delimiters can be changed to avoid collisions with existing tag parsers or template languages. Links
      Github Repository & documentation Module directory (pending approval) If you are interested in learning more, the README is very extensive, with more usage examples, code samples and usage instructions!
    • By Craig
      I've been using Fathom Analytics for a while now and on a growing number of sites, so thought it was about time there was a PW module for it.
      WayFathomAnalytics
      WayFathomAnalytics is a group of modules which will allow you to view your Fathom Analytics dashboard in the PW admin panel and (optionally) automatically add and configure the tracking code on front-end pages.
      Links
      GitHub Readme & documentation Download Zip Modules directory Module settings screenshot What is Fathom Analytics?
      Fathom Analytics is a simple, privacy-focused website analytics tool for bloggers and businesses.

Stop scrolling through pages of reports and collecting gobs of personal data about your visitors, both of which you probably don't need. Fathom is a simple and private website analytics platform that lets you focus on what's important: your business.
      Privacy focused Fast-loading dashboards, all data is on a single screen Easy to get what you need, no training required Unlimited email reports Private or public dashboard sharing Cookie notices not required (it doesn't use cookies or collect personal data) Displays: top content, top referrers, top goals and more
    • By daniels
      This is a lightweight alternative to other newsletter & newsletter-subscription modules.
      You can find the Module in the Modules directory and on Github
      It can subscribe, update, unsubscribe & delete a user in a list in Mailchimp with MailChimp API 3.0. It does not provide any forms or validation, so you can feel free to use your own. To protect your users, it does not save any user data in logs or sends them to an admin.
      This module fits your needs if you...
      ...use Mailchimp as your newsletter / email-automation tool ...want to let users subscribe to your newsletter on your website ...want to use your own form, validation and messages (with or without the wire forms) ...don't want any personal user data saved in any way in your ProcessWire environment (cf. EU data regulation terms) ...like to subscribe, update, unsubscribe or delete users to/from different lists ...like the Mailchimp UI for creating / sending / reviewing email campaigns *I have only tested it with PHP 7.x so far, so use on owners risk
      EDIT:
      Since 0.0.4, instructions and changelog can be found in the README only. You can find it here  🙂
      If you have questions or like to contribute, just post a reply or create an issue or pr on github, thanks!
    • By Jeannette
      Hello Fellows,

I have a wonderful webshop, using PL and Padopt, a module developed by Julien Vaubourg and highlighted in ProcessWire Newsletter. Here is our shop: cheval-ami.fr
      I am looking for a new developer, helping me to keep the shop smooth and up to date.
      We would like to improve automated invoicing and worldwide shipping, getting DHL integrated and give people the possibility to create their personal accounts and be the nicest shop in the equine industry. We are still a young company, working all in german, english and french. We are very interested in a long time, kind and friendly relationship without any stress, but reliable reactivity in case of urgency. 
      We are based in Hamburg and near Paris and would prefere to work with somebody who is available to catch up around a table, at least sometimes.
      Contact: mail@cheval-ami.fr or +33 626 22 1000 or +49 170 20 28 215
      Thank you, Have a beautiful day,
      Jeannette