CaelanStewart

ProDrafts Problem

ATTENTION MODERATORS:

I just posted this thread a couple of hours ago. I reloaded the page and it said the thread doesn't exist.

I apologise if I broke some rule, but if this thread shouldn't be posted, please send me a private message telling me what I have done wrong, rather than just deleting the thread!

EDIT: 

Looking at the rules, I can see it says that suggestions should be posted elsewhere. I guess this thread is simultaneously a suggestion and a call for assistance. If any if you guys know of a quick and easy way to do this, that's brilliant. If not, I'll have to find another way. But please clarify with me what the thread was deleted for.

Again, I apologise this is public, but I known not who deleted my original thread. 

ORIGINAL THREAD:

Hi,

A client just contacted us saying that they'd like to be able to preview pages before they save them.

So we purchased ProDrafts since it seemed to enable this functionality.

However, some issues emerged with the drafts feature that mean it cannot work for our use case without changes made to the code that check for draft versions of a page.

There are several sections on this website where an arbitrary number of child pages can be added, which are then displayed on the parent page. Hence, the child pages are not actually viewable, since they don't have a template file, they act purely as a sort of repeater field. I would have used a repeater field should I have known this would happen, however, at the time, it didn't feel right to use a repeater due to the potential for a number of items to be added that might make a repeater field feel a little clunky.

So, the core of my issue, I can find no way to view the drafted version of the child page, which is displayed on the parent page.

I read the documentation for ProDrafts, and I can see the section at the bottom detailing the API and how I can do what I ask with some changes to the code in the right places

However, that doesn't really make sense to me.

Is there not an option, which for logged in users, enables at the API level the showing of drafted pages by default, should any exist? Surely it would be as simple as forcing the appending of the selector option that includes drafted pages.

Or if that is not an option, if I've enabled drafts on a page which has no template file, but which is a child of a page which does have a template file, could you not just show the preview controls for the parent? This would be opt in, since I'd need to enable drafts on the template which has no file first. And it makes little sense to use drafts on a page which is not viewable if I cannot view the drafts first.

Is there some way to do this that's built in? 

Thank you all in advance

I don't think your thread got deleted, but the ProDrafts VIP Board is for support of this payed module. 

• Access to the VIP ProDrafts support and upgrades board.

22 minutes ago, Soma said:

I don't think your thread got deleted, but the ProDrafts VIP Board is for support of this payed module. 

• Access to the VIP ProDrafts support and upgrades board.

Thank you, that's a relief! I was worrying that I'd somehow upset somebody. I can be a little direct and in the process cause upset so in the back of my mind I was worrying that might be it.

My boss made the actual purchase, I shall speak with him to get his PW account!

Thanks again.

1 hour ago, CaelanStewart said:

Thank you, that's a relief! I was worrying that I'd somehow upset somebody. I can be a little direct and in the process cause upset so in the back of my mind I was worrying that might be it.

My boss made the actual purchase, I shall speak with him to get his PW account!

Thanks again.

I moved this post to the ProDrafts VIP Forum.  Apologies for causing you to think something otherwise had happened, which was not what was involved. My rationale was to move the post where it would get the most proper attention from the module developer. ProDrafts is a Commercial Module and I felt that someone with a ProDrafts problem most likely had ready access to the ProDrafts VIP Forum and could track it from there.  I'm sorry for causing you any inconvenience or worry. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, cstevensjr said:

I moved this post to the ProDrafts VIP Forum.  Apologies for causing you to think something otherwise had happened, which was not what was involved. My rationale was to move the post where it would get the most proper attention from the module developer. ProDrafts is a Commercial Module and I felt that someone with a ProDrafts problem most likely had ready access to the ProDrafts VIP Forum and could track it from there.  I'm sorry for causing you any inconvenience or worry. 

Don't be sorry, not your fault I worry haha.

And I shall speak to my boss about getting the account details. Thanks

• Like 3