SCAR COMNAP 2020 (conference website)

AAD Web Team

Hi all,

This is Margaret from the Web Team at the Australian Antarctic Division. As some of you would be aware, a little while ago we chose ProcessWire as our replacement CMS. We've been working on moving one of our smaller sites since that time (before we set our sights on our main site next year), but a month or so ago our attention was diverted to a brand new site that came up - for the SCAR COMNAP 2020 conference.

It's a very small site at this stage (2 pages!), but it will grow a little as time goes on. Technically speaking it's very simple, but I just thought I'd post it here because it is our very first live PW site, which is a little bit exciting! ?

https://scarcomnap2020.antarctica.gov.au/

Margaret

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, adrian said:

PW makes a great tool for conference websites

It sure does - I've built a number of conference sites with PW. So far only information sites, but one of my clients organises several conferences per year and has requested a more sophisticated tool that will serve as a kind of Eventbrite replacement. Looking forward to scoping that out and working on it next year.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, adrian said:

Congrats Margaret on getting this up.

PW makes a great tool for conference websites, especially for setting up conference schedules/programs using repeater fields:

Thanks @adrian!

Yes, it would work really well! In this case the conference organiser is going to be handling the registrations and schedule side of things. We were just asked to put this up so they have somewhere to provide info ahead of time, and then an archive of the proceedings once it's over.

However, if we ever have to do anything more complex down the track, at least we know that PW is more than capable.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Robin S said:

It sure does - I've built a number of conference sites with PW. So far only information sites, but one of my clients organises several conferences per year and has requested a more sophisticated tool that will serve as a kind of Eventbrite replacement. Looking forward to scoping that out and working on it next year.

That sounds like an exciting project @Robin S!

• 7 months later...

I'm just resurrecting this old thread to let you know that our SCARCOMNAP 2020 conference site built in PW is being discontinued. It is being replaced with a site hosted by the conference organiser, so no longer in ProcessWire. The URL will redirect, so I wouldn't want there to be any confusion for people who happen to visit it from here (or the Showcase while it's still listed there).

I'm not sure how to remove a site from the Showcase... is this notification sufficient? Thanks!

• Sad 1

On 6/11/2019 at 4:57 AM, AAD Web Team said:

I'm not sure how to remove a site from the Showcase... is this notification sufficient? Thanks!

I've just notified Ryan about the removal, thanks for letting us know!

• Like 1