Adding meta-tag (Google Analytics) to front page?

Epileptiker

Hello, kind of a newbie question I guess, but I'm really looking for help. 

To set up Google Analytics for my page, I want to add a meta-tag into the <head>-section of my front page. 

I could not figure out how to do that. 

There is also an option to upload a .html-file to the server. How do I do that? I can only add pages, but not upload a custom .html-file... 

Thanks for you help! 

PW template files and assets like CSS, JS etc. are meant to be uploaded via FTP. It's just the way PW handles things.

You could try the following:

Create a new page at root-level, and enter the page-name that Google Analytics provided. random-string-23080980.html. Publish it (no content necessary). Make sure it's hidden (i.e. not searchable, and not appearing in dynamic navigations etc. under page settings)

Chances are, PW will add a / to the page-slug. However, you could try to send that to GA anyway, maybe it will be accepted. If not, create a new template just for this purpose, and under the tab "URLs", select "no" under "should page URLs end with a slash?". Assign this template to your GA page, and try again.

Hello @Epileptiker,

there is the module Template File Editor that seems to let you edit template files from the back-end.

I have never tried it, don't know if it is still compatible and wouldn't recommend to have such a powerful module installed on a live site, but if you really don't have FTP access, that module could help you to get your Google Analytics Tracking-Code in your template files. Don't forget to uninstall if you are done. ?

Regards, Andreas

• Like 1