image descriptions can't be changed in my repeaters?

rushy

Hi 

My first use of repeaters. They seem very useful, but I'm having a strange problem with the descriptions of the images field. I can't change them after deploying from my local dev server to the live server. I have defined a repeater with one images field and one textarea (multi language) field. This works as expected when added to a template and on the page I add an image and text in 3 languages. I usually populate the image description fields with a caption text in 3 languages so that I can output a caption if required under the image.  Now this all works a treat on my test localhost server, but when deployed to the live site the captions cannot be changed on these repeater image fields. If I login to the live site and change the image text in there - as soon as I hit save the text goes back to what it was before! I am logged in as superuser so can't work out what the problem is. 

I had a search through the forums but couldn't find a similar problem. Any ideas where to look for some clues to what the problem may be?

I'm using ProcessWire 3.0.96 

Many thanks - Paul

Thanks for the heads up. Did you fix the problem? Hosting is provided by the client on a shared server so nothing special there and I don't have access to change anything like mod_security. 

I am getting an error_log file on the server filling up with "PHP Warning:  ini_set() has been disabled for security reasons in /mypath/to/public_html/wire/core/ProcessWire.php on line 190". I don't get this on my localhost. The line at 190 is:  ini_set('display_errors', true); 

so I think this is just to do with error reporting and probably not related to the problem, but I really don't know. 

26 minutes ago, rushy said:

Thanks for the heads up. Did you fix the problem? Hosting is provided by the client on a shared server so nothing special there and I don't have access to change anything like mod_security. 

I am getting an error_log file on the server filling up with "PHP Warning:  ini_set() has been disabled for security reasons in /mypath/to/public_html/wire/core/ProcessWire.php on line 190". I don't get this on my localhost. The line at 190 is:  ini_set('display_errors', true); 

so I think this is just to do with error reporting and probably not related to the problem, but I really don't know. 

I did fix the issue but I did needed to modify apache configurations, but it is hard to tell if this is the case in your scenario and I'm guessing not being able to use ini_set() is not making things easier. I could only think of testing in another environment to see if you can reproduce and log.