tron1000

Language Tabs messy after upgrade

Recommended Posts

Hello! After I upgraded PW from 2.5.? to 3.0.116, my language tabs in the backend behave strange. I have 3 languages: german, french and english (default). Since I upgraded, all multilingual fields show the 3 tabs (DE, FR, EN) plus an additional textfield below for EN (see screenshots). The german tab is ok, but the upper tabs FR and EN both show the content in french, while the additional tab below shows the english content. When I click on the folder icon to the right to change the view, all looks ok. Also the frontend is ok.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the module «LanguageTabs», but that didn't help …

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot, Andrej

Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-21 um 20.04.34.png

Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-21 um 20.01.58.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@tron1000

Do you have any js errors on page? 

Have you tried to clean the browser cache? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try switching / updating the admin-theme(s).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Zeka and dragan, thanks a lot for your answers! I found out that changing the order of the language pages in Admin > Setup > Languages caused the problem. I had changed the order a while ago. As soon as I moved the default language (english) back to the first position, the tabs looked ok again. I don't know why that happens.

Anyways, thanks a lot for your help!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By cosmicsafari
      Hi all,
      Thought I had the language translation working but now when I attempt to access the language through the backend (Setup > Languages > My Language) it throws an error:
      Recoverable Fatal Error: Argument 3 passed to ProcessWire\LanguageTranslator::textdomainTemplate() must be of the type array, null given
      Can anybody shed any light on what would cause this error when trying to access my language through the settings in the backend, or attempting to view it on the frontend with its language specific URL.
      The only thing I have changed recently was moving the DB to a different location however the one exported was the one that I previoulsy had my custom language working on it previoulsy.
      Any ideas, im at a bit of a lose as to what would have caused this when it was working previously.
       
    • By dragan
      In one of my templates, I have divided my fields into 5 fieldsets.
      The default tab now only appears when you create a new page. Once saved, you only see the custom 5 tabs.
      Now my problem is: When you open a page with such a template, it still jumps to the 1st tab (which is hidden by custom CSS). How can I achieve that it shows another tab? Would I have to write a hook? Some sort of redirect?
      e.g. I want to open the "Projekt" tab, so I don't get to see an empty page with just the save-button, when opening a page using that template.

       
    • By dragan
      Is it possible to open a specific tab, when in page-edit mode?
      Let's say I have 5 tabs (more than just the default "content" tab - 4 more created with field-groups), and the user is in tab 3. How can I possibly manage to set tab 3 again to active/selected when the same user wants to edit the same page after x days?
      Are there any in-built methods I could use? And which hook(s) would be necessary?
    • By IvanSCM
      JSON files is bad. Need a convenient method of translation.
    • By franctic-aerobic
      Here's my Norwegian language pack for ProcessWire. I've been adding translations over some time, to suit my own projects users needs.
      Last updated:
      2017/10/02
      Status:
      Not yet complete. Translations that non-superusers will see is prioritized.
      Name:
      ProcessWire-Norwegian-Language-Pack-nb-NO
      Translated using:
      ProcessWire 3.0.77 dev
      Number of files:
      177 wire files and 68 site files – ranging from just started to completely translated. The site files includes translation some free and some pro modules, see the complete list in the README.md at GitHub.
      Available at GitLab:
      https://gitlab.com/franctic-aerobic/ProcessWire-Norwegian-Language-Pack-nb-NO