Change order of languages

vknt

I'm in the progress of creating a mulilingual site. Done this before, no problem.

I've created 3 languages, however the order in which they have to be shown is incorrect. It should be Dutch, French and English instead of Dutch, English and French.

Is there a way to change this order of apperance?

Thanks in advance.

And another question: tried to delete the 2 languages that I added, and now I'm completely locked out of the CMS with this error code:

Recoverable Fatal Error Argument 1 passed to LanguagesPageFieldValue::__construct() must be an array, string given, called in /home/brightpark/public_html/wire/modules/LanguageSupport/LanguageSupportFields.module on line 296 and defined (line 33 of /home/brightpark/public_html/wire/modules/LanguageSupport/LanguagesPageFieldValue.php)

This error message was shown because you are logged in as a Superuser. Error has been logged.

Any way that I can fix this?

Does this mean, I can delete or add languages on the fly?

PS I have a database backup..

Is there a way to change this order of apperance?

You should be able to drag them to the order you want. They are in the admin page tree as children of /processwire/setup/languages/. They may be set for alpha sorting, in which case you'll want to change to manual sorting.

And another question: tried to delete the 2 languages that I added, and now I'm completely locked out of the CMS with this error code:

I think you must be running an older version of 2.2 because this issue was fixed 6 months ago. Update the version of your source and it should resolve the issue.

Thankyou Ryan. Updating to the latest version got me back.

As for the order of the languages, changing the order in /setup/languages does change the order of the multifields. and when going to setup/languages/ it's also stil in the order they have been created.

To change to order I have to delete both languages and create them in the correct order. When I have to switch languages when there's already content filled in, this might be a problem.

But I realize this is an uncommon problem. Good to know that it works like this..

Thanks, I think I understand what you mean and was able to implement a fix. Since it has potential to affect other things, I've put it in the dev branch for testing. If you want to try it out, replace your /wire/core/PagesType.php file with the one from the dev branch:

https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/ProcessWire/commit/f2b63ec23cf8bb817eacf2c81434c354fc651dcd