PW 3.0.116 – Core updates

ryan

This week we look at two new versions on the dev branch and a lot of updates. These include new page traversal methods, page list customization options, improved empty trash process, two factor authentication improvements, improvements to the profile editor, and more–

https://processwire.com/blog/posts/processwire-3.0.115-and-3.0.116-core-updates/

• Like 12
  • Haha 4

Hi Ryan,

Love the page tree customisation additions! I've got a request that I think would be pretty useful, which is to add the ability to break the count down by page status eg:

News 40/2/5 

Where the numbers represent published/hidden/unpublished. In the case of all published pages, it would just display the child count.

It might also make sense for an option to display a label eg:

News 40 published / 2 hidden / 5 unpublished

or

News 40 published / 5 unpublished

This might not look that great if all rootParents have children of varying statues, but still worth having the option.

If there's a better place to put this request, please let me know! I'm getting pretty familiar with the core, but don't know enough about how the admin theme works to be able to prototype and pull request it.

Thanks as ever for ProcessWire and all your continuing work.

Cheers,

Chris
NB

Thanks for the updates Ryan!

For the children counts in Page List, would you please consider adding hookable methods that return $numChildren and $numTotal? That would allow the option for devs to add a hook to correct those counts in case some descendant pages are not listable by some roles. Thanks.

Also, not sure if this is deliberate but I notice the new child count options don't take effect in the Pages > Tree flyout menu.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Tom. said:

I also can't seem to download 3.0.116. Both the Website and ProcessWireUpgrade module report 3.0.115 being latest. 

It is a know issue that the labels on website are updated after a few hours or sometimes even days, but the links actually point to the newest dev version. Just download by clicking the button and check .../wire/core/ProcessWire.php. To make sure what you got see the version constants in the source: class ProcessWire extends Wire {...

• Like 1