Yoga Center Site

Macrura

@Nico - this is using Ecwid, which is a great ecommerce plugin; http://www.ecwid.com

you setup all the products over on the ecwid account (this site is using the free plan), then you can get the add to cart code and paste it in;

but since it is easy to get custom output in PW, i just have the users enter the product id # into the PW page and then the necessary code to display each button is automatically output in a foreach...

<form><script type="text/javascript">xAddToBag('productid=<?php echo $product_id ?>');</script></form>

@arjen- thanks for checking it out - it's nice to use the PW logo instead of just a text link, since IMHO it is the hippest CMS logo out there;

First of all, everything about this site is simply gorgeous. Awesome work!

As a downside (since there always has to be at least one of those) it's also rather sluggish; especially those images at the top of the page (frontpage is worst, but ones on subpages too) took ages to load, which kind of hurts the whole user experience. Then again, this is coming from a user who's currently viewing your site through slow VPN connection. Worst case scenario, you could say.

Anyway, the site really is so awesome that it's sluggishness is almost forgivable. I'd still consider cutting some image quality to reduce file size and improve loading times (and thus UX) especially for users with slow connections :)

@teppo - thanks for checking it out; I'm going to do some optimization;

i just enabled gzip in the htaccess; (i was avoiding doing too much work since it's sort of a donation project)

but i think i'll probably also setup minify on the scripts and css;

for the images, they are huge; i'll have to see if i can reduce the size, maybe downgrade the jpeg quality and save some bandwidth...

@WillyC - yes, i guess you have to go to the class to see more...and this it hot yoga, so the room is really hot/humid...you sweat a gallon.

• 2 weeks later...