LanguageTranslator thowing Fatal Error on both front and back end?

cosmicsafari

Hi all,

Thought I had the language translation working but now when I attempt to access the language through the backend (Setup > Languages > My Language) it throws an error:

Recoverable Fatal Error: Argument 3 passed to ProcessWire\LanguageTranslator::textdomainTemplate() must be of the type array, null given

Can anybody shed any light on what would cause this error when trying to access my language through the settings in the backend, or attempting to view it on the frontend with its language specific URL.

The only thing I have changed recently was moving the DB to a different location however the one exported was the one that I previoulsy had my custom language working on it previoulsy.

Any ideas, im at a bit of a lose as to what would have caused this when it was working previously.

Not an explanation as to what caused the issue, however this workaround got me back up an running.

I deleted the language page record from pages table of the DB, this allowed me to create a new language while still keeping the same name.

I then receated the the language from within the backend and readded in the alternative language content to the fields in the effected pages.

So to summarise I have it working again but still have no idea what caused the intial problem

• 5 months later...

I just had a similar error message on one of my sites:

Uncaught TypeError: Argument 3 passed to ProcessWire\LanguageTranslator::textdomainTemplate() must be of the type array, null given

It is not a consisten error, appeared only once in the log. No idea what causes this. Maybe someone can jump in?
The site actually uses only 1 language I installed Languages base module so I can have the backend in German. 

• 11 months later...