Page tree not loading

Spiria

I have a sudden and strange bug. While my local installation is doing fine, I can no more have access to my pages on production site. It looks like that the JqueryCore is not working. I uploaded a new wire directory, just in case, but to no avail. My site is identical on production and local. Have you ever experienced this?

I just get this dialog: Unknown error, please try again.  

528765357_Capturedecranle2018-09-29a12_11_51.png.372a69b8ebc2e1d03f183d203502eda7.png 

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, it does not resolve the problem. After writing this post, I recalled that I had a similar problem last year!

But my solution to uncomment the Rewrite base in .htaccess is not actually the culprit since it is still uncommented... I deleted already all the cache. Very frustrating.

The only thing that has changed in my computer recently is that I moved to Mojave...

5 hours ago, Guy Verville said:

After writing this post, I recalled that I had a similar problem last year!

You have two accounts here at the forum? The first post in this topic is from a different user.

Usually this kind of page list error is due to some error message (e.g. PHP notice) being returned in the AJAX response used to build the page list instead of the expected JSON data.

You can debug by checking the AJAX response in your browser dev tools. It should look like this when it's working normally:

2018-09-30_112736.png.5fb65dfe80c504087d903e085f0c772a.png

• Like 1

I saw this in my provider system log that ProcessWire, in admin, wants to get access to a directory in the root called "sendy". So it wants to read "sendy/index.php". I put an empty index.php file into a director that I recreated, and the admin part just stops to function... I wrote "echo 'I am here';" and... I obtain an empty page with I am here. Silly.

I once used the Sendy, but I removed it this week since it was of no use for a long time. I thoroughly checked that there was no mention of "sendy" in the database of my site. Nothing. I must also say that I have two other family sites residing in the root and both admins are not accessible suffering this same awfully misdirection.

I have no way to regain the Sendy folder and do not want either. I have removed in the Amazon Services website the Sendy entry, but to no avail. The ProcessWire JCore calls somewhere on the planet something that points to guyverville.com/sendy!  I did import the database from the production site into local. Everything is working perfectly well.

Ok, case closed. My provider finally found that there was a Rebase /sendy on my root folder... I promisse, it's not me that put it there... I am just suprised though that this .htaccess file, which is in the root (outside what is accessible to me) affects the admin backend of ProcessWire.

• 1 year later...

I all of a sudden am getting this exact same error, in my local install. 

I've cleared the cache, i've looked at the .htaccess.

my AJAX response looks like this... i have no idea what to look for and/or how to fix it!?

gnome-shell-screenshot-CUPJF0.thumb.png.145350095270ae09d473e973f79abc10.png

This happened out of the blue after sitting and developing the site. 

everything in admin works, except any hierarchy tree rendering. 

Even the drop down menu's hierarchy tree's cant render:

gnome-shell-screenshot-AKNAF0.png.483b0e895e1e5e7a6e3d9f285b2e5e0a.png 

but i can access the individual pages fine.

looking at this post: 

i see someone having an JSON.parse error and they seem to solve it, but i just don't get how.

gnome-shell-screenshot-DKFEF0.thumb.png.0fc00a6c87c1e25f62c320332d5190b5.png

i'm guessing i need to have the <!--  --> part removed somehow. Question is.. how!? The linked post doesn't provide an answer for the "how".