PW 3.0.115 – “Cat bite”

ryan

Last night my cat bit my hand for no apparent reason while he was sitting in my lap. He's a very friendly cat, but also very old and I think may be getting a little senile. It was a deep bite, though didn't seem like all that big of a deal. But this morning my hand was hurting pretty bad, then it swelled up, and then a swelling red line appeared on my skin that went from my hand to my shoulder. I went to the doctor and he said it was a bad one, and if I hadn't come in today I would have been in the hospital tomorrow. Apparently cats have some mean bacteria in their teeth and these kinds of cat bites can get pretty bad, quickly. They shot me with a bunch of antibiotics and now I've got to go see another doctor and get an x-ray because they think that there's a possibility the cat's tooth broke off and may be stuck inside my hand (I hope not!). If the antibiotics do their thing, all should be fine in a few days. I'd planned on writing a blog post today about ProcessWire 3.0.115, but it looks like that's not going to happen (and one of my hands doesn't work so well), so I'll write about it next week in combination with 3.0.116 updates. But if you want to see what's new in 3.0.115 before that, be sure to check out the dev branch commit log. Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

• Like 7
  • Sad 21