LoginRegister - Issue with e-mail authentication

Outward

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with LoginRegister 0.0.2 I wonder if anyone can help with. I've used the module previously for 2 sites which work great and are well used, however I never needed the registration function for them and left this disabled, manually creating accounts.

With a site I'm working on at the moment, the confirmation code e-mail sends after the registration is completed, however always returns with the message 'Unable to complete confirmation, please re-register and try again'. There have been no modifications to the 0.0.2 module code, however I have added several new fields which include a page reference, text and select fields.

I understand this is most likely a session based issue, however I've tried incognito mode, Chrome with cache/cookies deleted and also Internet Explorer.

Has anyone had this issue, or better yet a means to disable the session issue entirely (at the expense of some security), so users will be able to register on desktop and authenticate with their phones etc?

Any advice appreciated!

I appear to have it figured out, the registration form does not like Page Reference fields. It will accept the registration and send the confirmation code, however will always fail if the original registration form contained a page reference. Shame as my site relies on it quite heavily for the initial registration, so I will look into whether there's a workaround.

• Like 1

Hii... I am unable to receiving confirmation email on login/register plugin.

Whenever I have the login/register plugin installed and I try to register to the website on the front facing section, I don't receive any confirmation mail.
I have the plugin installed and setup correctly. I can receive password reset emails from the admin panel if I reset my password.
However I don't receive any confirmation email if I register to my website using the form that the Login/Register plugin generates.
Is this some kind of error or bug?? What could be done now???

• 3 months later...
On 9/28/2018 at 3:09 PM, DonPachi said:

I appear to have it figured out, the registration form does not like Page Reference fields. It will accept the registration and send the confirmation code, however will always fail if the original registration form contained a page reference. Shame as my site relies on it quite heavily for the initial registration, so I will look into whether there's a workaround.

I'd run into the same issue. Everything worked well, but then I've added a PageReferenceField to the user template.  Since then I can't complete the register process.

Unable to complete confirmation, please re-register and try again

1883670657_2019-02-0108_24_42.png.ee527be251fdfa4efdc01165990ecc07.png

@Dadswell96 Did you find a workround?

Many greets!

@DV-JF - take a read through: https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/LoginRegister/issues/2

I ended up going with a solution somewhat like this: https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/LoginRegister/issues/2#issuecomment-348031491 which is basically how I have handled this situation when I've built a register and login script previously.

Unfortunately I wouldn't use this module again until it's had a lot of love - it's basically unusable at the moment.

8 hours ago, DV-JF said:

I'd run into the same issue. Everything worked well, but then I've added a PageReferenceField to the user template.  Since then I can't complete the register process.

Unable to complete confirmation, please re-register and try again

1883670657_2019-02-0108_24_42.png.ee527be251fdfa4efdc01165990ecc07.png

@Dadswell96 Did you find a workround?

Many greets!

I'm not sure if it's the user that has output formatting off by default. I'm using this module in a project and have many page fields and image field on the user template and registering works great (though i made some change to the module and made a custom one extending it).

I have also a

$user->of(true);

in the templates/_init.php

Could be worth trying?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Time/Timezone/Area... Had a similar "issue" a while back while using a US hosting company instead of a german company. Had ~8 hours difference (if I remember correctly).

Another thing might be mail scheduling and/or routing - as in "the server needs to figure out how to send mails".

TL;DR

• Timezone settings
  • Mailserver/SMTP settings

Timezone related things... not as far as I know.

Regarding your mail settings it depends a) on your server configuration or b) on the module you use for it.

I guess you didn't install any further module related to mail sending/delivery so you want to take a look at WireMail: SMTP in which you can define everything necessary for sending mails.

• 3 weeks later...