Really?! is this profitable?!

Pixrael

9 hours ago, wbmnfktr said:

Doesn't matter.

Even in plain text Google would see something like a citation and therefore thinks "Hey, they talk about www.whatever.tld so let's count it in.".

What? You think Google makes things so easy for black hat SEO people? I'd like to see a source for your claim.

Have you ever heard of citations in Local SEO?

It's almost the same with plain text domains and URLs. They aren't as powerful as nofollow or dofollow links (and all their flavours) but they will work.

Mentioning a domain or brand name will give some kind of signal to Google (and some others). It's the same with press-release spam and how it works combined with some more reliable and trusted methods.

To answer your question: no, it's not that easy for black-/grey-/bluehat people. They do much more than just that. There are much more effective things that work way better and are sometimes as easy as press-releases or mentioning a domain.

I guarantee you that a few hundred mentions of your domain spread across the internet can help your rankings. The more trusted the place (a PW forum for example) the better.

If you want to challenge yourself get a copy of GSA Search Engine Ranker or Scrapebox, some proxies, a few domains and play around.

So, what to do when I want to talk about something I don't like? encryption or obfuscation? W0rdpr3ss? ?

We can't fall into these things, no more stress please .. I think with nofollow is enough as everywhere.

Anyway nobody will hire that service ?