Custom classes

helmut2509

Hello,

I am just going to write a class to process data in my pw app.

My question: where should I store the class files?

should I use a separate directory?

Or should I integrate the class in a module? 

there are certainly different approaches and I am not sure which one to use...

thanx for your help.

I create a 'ready.php' in the '/site' folder. This is where you can put your class and you can access it anywhere. If you need to re-use it or plan on releasing it, or just want to keep your code tidy. I would use a module. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Tom. said:

I create a 'ready.php' in the '/site' folder. This is where you can put your class and you can access it anywhere. If you need to re-use it or plan on releasing it, or just want to keep your code tidy. I would use a module. 

thanx for the tip. I will try this.

Alternatively, depending on what your class does and when you need it to be called as well as the 'template approach' you're using, you could put the whole class in /site/templates/_func.php (_func.php) or in a custom file, e.g. /site/templates/_my_class_file.php. Then, in _init.php include the file (/site/templates/_init.php). Or, if you need it earlier (after current page has been determined but before it is rendered), include it in /site/ready.php or if needed even earlier (e.g to attach hooks), in /site/init.php. Follow the links for more info (to site-default). Using this approach, your ready.php and init.php remain a bit cleaner ?.

Edited by kongondo
  • Like 2