kongondo

Future of Padloper - New Project Lead Announcement

On 1/29/2020 at 12:08 PM, kongondo said:

Hmm. This is a tricky one as it is made up of two parts:

1. Paying a fraction (instalment) of the total cost
  2. Future payment (aka recurring payment)

Both are tricky, but especially #2. 

#1 is partly achievable by raising an invoice using manual order creation. The order will be manually marked as complete once the total has been paid. Automating the process may not be an easy task. I'd have to think about it more.

# 2 If this means storing user card details, then no; we are not going down that route. However, if it means using payment providers' subscription/recurring payments services, then it is probably doable. The payment providers API is there. Something else to think about, but for future versions.

Currently none of these features are in the plan, but I'll have a think. I will probably need reminding though :-).

Thanks for your answers.

#2 Totally agree about not storing user card details.

I guess that the "easiest" path will be to have a module around a provider like Stripe, ReCharge etc...

Sorry guys
I just bought the dev. license of Padloper 3.0, (confirmation email is attached) but the download link takes me to 404 page,
also the link sent to the email confirmation doesn't work...

I have not yet received a response from the seller antti 😞

Does anybody is in direct contact with him and can warn him of the problem?
Order Invoice #     3188
Date     2020-02-04

Thanks in advance

confirmation-email.png

• Like 1

Hey @Mike-it did you have any luck? Sorry no-one has responded but I'm assuming someone contacted you via pm or something..

I need to build two online stores in the near future. @kongondo, I was wondering if you could share any updates on the progress. Or is it still too early for any kind of announcement? 🙂 

• Like 8

Hi @kongondo just very curious as a padloper customer.

Would it be possible for you to communicate a tiny bit more about what is happening

maybe when to expect the fruit of all your hard work

just so we know when to budget our sending you money for the upgrade to the next version

thanks!

• Like 4

Hi all,

Apologies for the very loud silence!

I hope to elaborate more on this a bit later. However, rather than keep people guessing, I'll write something short.

I have been working my fingers to the bone to release a beta by spring 2020. I suppose it hasn't gone unnoticed that I rarely post in the forums at large these days. This is because I am dedicating nearly all my time to Padloper. The plan was to start early beta testing in mid-April 2020. This was largely on track. Like many of us, maybe most of us in the forums, we have all been affected in one way or another by the current situation in the world. This has thrown a monkey wrench in the works. I have had to readjust how I work, albeit my productivity taking a hit. I wish I could properly 'guesstimate' how much delay this is going to cause but it will just be futile. On the other hand, I appreciate that you have been waiting for a relatively long time for this release. I want to reassure you that I am not just kicking the can down the road. Maybe I should have been showing you more screenshots of progress but currently, that would just eat further into my limited time.

Thanks for reading, and hopefully, your patience.

Cheers.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, kongondo said:

Hi all,

Apologies for the very loud silence!

I hope to elaborate more on this a bit later. However, rather than keep people guessing, I'll write something short.

I have been working my fingers to the bone to release a beta by spring 2020. I suppose it hasn't gone unnoticed that I rarely post in the forums at large these days. This is because I am dedicating nearly all my time to Padloper. The plan was to start early beta testing in mid-April 2020. This was largely on track. Like many of us, maybe most of us in the forums, we have all been affected in one way or another by the current situation in the world. This has thrown a monkey wrench in the works. I have had to readjust how I work, albeit my productivity taking a hit. I wish I could properly 'guesstimate' how much delay this is going to cause but it will just be futile. On the other hand, I appreciate that you have been waiting for a relatively long time for this release. I want to reassure you that I am not just kicking the can down the road. Maybe I should have been showing you more screenshots of progress but currently, that would just eat further into my limited time.

Thanks for reading, and hopefully, your patience.

Cheers.

It is quite understandable, it's not easy having to share time between surviving and working at the same time, God speed 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2020 at 3:37 PM, Mike-it said:

Sorry guys
I just bought the dev. license of Padloper 3.0, (confirmation email is attached) but the download link takes me to 404 page,
also the link sent to the email confirmation doesn't work...

Hi! I have the same problem ! Do you have a solution ? I have a 404 error when I click on the download link into the mail.

Hi all, hi @Chris B,

Sorry you haven't received your purchase link yet. Please note though that this thread is not intended for Padloper support (old or new or upcoming versions).

Until specified otherwise, please direct all such inquiries to Antti  via PM or via the email in the invoice. If you still haven't heard from him after a reasonable amount of time, then PM me instead.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi @kongondo,

I am in the need to create an eshop. I think you wrote quite a lot about how hard you work on Padloper. I cannot imagine how far you can be with it. In case I buy a licence now, will I be able to upgrade later or should I wait for the new version?

Thanks.