kongondo

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/23/2020 at 8:59 PM, desbest said:

Padloper 2 will not support the current ‘any page can be a product’ paradigm. Technically, products will still be pages. However, all products will utilise the same Padloper template. These will be in

What does this mean? What's the reason for the change?

On 6/24/2020 at 8:33 AM, diogo said:

@desbest The answers to your questions are on that very same post:

Padloper 2 will be a major release that incorporates a new, central backend shop for Padloper. This will be a new process module that pulls from the existing parts of Padloper (data models, etc) into one interface (more on this below). This version will also be extensible in the frontend, allowing for the plugging in of a new, optional, commercial frontend shop (full featured shop profile).

and

A new backend interface will be the major visual difference between the existing Padloper and Padloper 2. It goes beyond visual differences though. The new backend will be the single gateway for managing all shop-related features, both current and new ones.

Sorry but I'm not quite sure what this means.

Can someone explain the difference of the old system of every page can be a product, and the new system of it not being that way and only pages with the padloper template can be a product?

But people can decide what fields belong to each template, and with different types of products, it doesn't make sense to have the same template (ie. padloper) for each product.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of the two?

Can someone explain the difference of this further to me?

• 9 months later...

Apologies, I forgot to announce this topic here. Just cross-referencing this announcement/call for testers:

Please note the expression of interest was to close yesterday (Friday 19 November 2021). However, the deadline has been extended until Monday 22 November 2021 to accommodate those who would have expected an announcement here. Apologies again.

• Like 2

On 11/20/2021 at 8:31 AM, kongondo said:

Apologies, I forgot to announce this topic here. Just cross-referencing this announcement/call for testers:

Please note the expression of interest was to close yesterday (Friday 19 November 2021). However, the deadline has been extended until Monday 22 November 2021 to accommodate those who would have expected an announcement here. Apologies again.

I just got the message today, could you please count me to the betatester? I did some padloper installtion and are realy interested to get your module on my computer.

Thanks
Pat

• 1 month later...

Hello @kongondo,

I am not a Padloper user, but I have noticed an increasing number of Padloper threads in the Dev Talk topic. Right now I am counting 6 threads for Padloper (1 pinned).

Wouldn't it be better to have a dedicated place for Padloper?
For example here: https://processwire.com/talk/forum/57-module-specific-support/

Since Padloper is a module and the Dev Talk section is "A place for general development and coding discussions."
I think this would be a better solution for Padloper and non-Padloper users. ?

Regards, Andreas

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AndZyk said:

Wouldn't it be better to have a dedicated place for Padloper?

Hi @AndZyk. You are right. Thanks for your thoughts. I'll have a talk with @Pete. Currently, Padloper has a VIP support forum. However, not everyone who is interested in the module has access to that forum. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@kongondo can you remind me on Monday and I'll get a forum set up? Not sure if we should call it Padloper Pre-Sales or something and have a pinned topic at the top saying for paid support to request access to the other forum or something like that?

• Like 2